Thunderbeast dominus cb vs ultra 7

W

Wyo37

Any reason not to get the dominus cb over the ultra 7? Shorter, quieter, am I missing something?

Other than price, which isn't a big deal for a forever purchase.

Anyone have one? Opinions?

Sound suppression is improved, and the added length savings truly is a bonus (albeit very little difference). One thing I don't see many people mention is the dominus is MUCH larger OD then the 7's. For that reason alone, i prefer the 7.

Both are fantastic choices! We can help here if needed (we carry both in stock.)

I have an Ultra 9, Ultra 7, and Dominus.

One benefit of the Ultra 7 vs Dominus is slight weight reduction. 8oz vs 9.6oz. The other is price is slightly lower.

If you run your scopes as low as possible, you will see the Dominus through the scope more than the Ultra 7.

I don't think the .75" difference in length has any noticeable benefit.

Also, while 2db is measurable with instruments, a person would be hard pressed to differentiate between the two behind the rifle.

Either one is a great choice. I don't think you will go wrong either way.

Not that this is real scientific, but as close to a comparison as I can give you.

.260AI w. Dominus

6.5SLR w. Ultra 7

The dominus has a higher psi rating so that's what I went with it and 1" shorter. It's fatter but I wanted a higher rating for my pistol and the shorter profile. Sound is close.

283FA2CD-AE6D-4ACB-8B36-3345DC4C6906.jpeg