thoughts on a new .308?

skeeterboud

i know everyone here likes remington/custom 700's, but i'm thinking of getting a cz 550 varmint .308/kevlar. a few years ago, remington would have been my only option, but have had a few minor problems with off the shelf 700's(had to send an xcr tact. long range back b/c of burs in the chamber which prevented getting a shell out w/out a cleaning rod down the muzzle.... now it's an awesome shooting rifle, that i hope never to part with!...... have a sendero that once in awhile shoots 3/4 at 100 w/factory anything, usually 1.25- 1.75", which is too large of a group for a $1100 gun)

might try something off the beaten path, have read many good things about cz all i own now is remington and weatherby

any feedback, warnings, etc?

CZs are tpyically excellent shooters, and look good as well.
My personal choice would be a Savage model 10fcp-HS, or if I wanted the best looks and accuracy I might shell out 1500 for a Kimber Tactical, but the extra 500 could get lots of ammo or 2/3 of a new scope if looks isn't as important as function.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.