this sucks

nathank

i hate how because i live in canada its very hard for me to get anything to build a decent riffle with and if i do i pay a retarded price. i order a stock and bam its rejected by customs, i order a frigin scope and bam its rejected . that is rediculous.

Have you talked with the people at Alberta Tactical? Perhaps they have some insight on how to get your things across the border.

By the way, that does suck.

We're looking into the bared teeth of the same problems here with the prospect of an Obama government. :mad:

Those SOBs sure as heck won't want any thinking citizen to have access to serious firearms.

havnt talked to really anyone just i cant get the stock i want cause no one will ship to canada / no canadian dealers can get it for some reason. and then i ordered a scope yesterday and got my order cancled cause of us customs im just frusterated.

Give a call to an outfit called CRA-tela 144 Industrial Drive Brandon, MB R7A7S5 Canada 204-571-1063. They specialize in getting stuff from The States.

PM Bill Bailey on here. we have shipped some stuff to canada, for some reason i am thinking maybe a some rifle stocks. he handles more of the shipping aspect of our business so he may know of something to help you.

i am gonna be in the search for a new job if that crap starts happening down here, ughhhhh!!!

PM bill, he might be able to help ya, or call 1-800-522-3314 and ask for BJ

have a good un
steve

You simply have to follow a bunch of rules and red-tape and that stuff is doable. Suggest you contact Denise Tiffany at Leroy's Big Valley Gun Works in Glasgow, MT and she will explain how you can order and obtain that stuff. She is an importer/exporter that really does a fine job for a lot of folks in western Canada.
There are others who can do this also, you have to be patient and go through the hoops. I did an article a while back on this, easier for stuff to go to the US than it is to come back this way for sure. There are also Canadian suppliers who get lots of good stuff up here, you just have to find them. Friend of mine just got a special stock ordered up through Bashaw Sports in Alberta, they got what he needed and he's shooting it now. Might talk to a fellow named Pud at that shop, he helped my shooting partner recently.

Same goes for taking rifles across the border for hunting or matches - you have to have the papers in place and it is no sweat. Takes time and a bit of effort to get the papers but no choice.

There are a bunch of great smiths here in AB that can help you, and also Corlanes sporting goods in Dawson Creek BC. With the CA dollar down, everything will be getting more expensive... sad reality for us I guess.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.