SOUTH DAKOTA SUCKS!!!

W

*WyoWhisper*

Man finally pulled into Madison WI for my first stop today... will rest for the night and pullout a 4 a.m. and head on into H-Burg..

I always say that I'll never drive through S.Dakota ever again but I did this time to avoid the weather in the KS-MO area. My GOD there is nothing is S.Dakota.. I have no idea how those people live day to day looking at nothing....sheesh.. glad most of it was in the dark.... The temp never got about -5 ... It warmed up here in WI to 10 though
shocked.gif

See ya all in a few days!!
shocked.gif

I hope ( fingers crossed )

Wyo, Welcome to Wi., however breifly. Wish I'd have known you were coming. Madison is only 40 min. up the road, could have met for dinner and a couple of beers. Would have been nice to put a face with the name.
Chris

wmm,

****... hmmm..

well, it was a last min. thing because of the weather.. ya never know maybe on the way back...

the weather will decide
mad.gif

Hmmm, South Dakota sounds like my kind of place. I've lived in cities, or places that looked liked cities, but didn't want to admit it for all of my life. Getting away from the visual and aural noise sounds very appealing.

Hey I'll take South Dakota over eastern Wyoming any day. What a pit. The wind never stops blowing, nothing but sage brush. Other than MA, I can't think of a better place for a nuclear waste dump.

Hey now Wyo,

Tread lightly, that's me home state you're on about, haha..I've been thru Wyoming a many of times, and for the most part it isn't much for scenery unless you are into sage brush..Wouldn't knock Wyoming either, used to live in Glenrock for a bit as a wee bairn...Now Nebraska is another story, haha..

One thing about SoDak and it's weather, if you can survive there, you can survive anywhere in the world..Makes you one hardy SOB..Goes for shooting as well..And just think, if you took I-90 how much traffic did you encounter in the 6 hour journey across..Not much..don't see anything wrong with that..

JR

I've learned to never judge a state's visual and topographical beauty by it's highways.

Highways are built through the path of least resistance.

One can go along a Wyoming highway and be within a few miles of beautiful gorges, river canyons, etc., and never even know they are there.

Highways are for getting from point A to point B as quickly and easy as possible. I've travelled the country extensively on two wheels and the interstates and freeways are just about the least attractive pathways.

If you want nice scenery, good food, and friendly folk, get off the big paths and follow the little ones. If time is your priority, take the freeway. Close your eyes if you have to
wink.gif

Easy now, we don't want any nuclear waste put in Wyo. after all wher will everyone hunt once you easterners build on everything
grin.gif

Easter Wyo. is BRUTAL in the winter! actually it is just like S.D. but you should see the Whitetail and Lopes in eastern Wyo!!! Not to shabby on BIG desert Mulies too!!!

Id take any place out there, its alot better than cities, houses as far as i can see, lots of crime, and the skys so full of light you cant see the stars, im in syracuse right now,college, and that isn't even comparable to nyc i say take those barren places and enjoy them for what they are, because when they grow into cities you'll miss it more then you'll ever imagin

like both sd and wyo not a lot of big citys and lots of open space.i think they want a house every 200yds here in iowa.

My GOD there is nothing is S.Dakota

Next time pull over, get out of the truck, and take a walk. There is alot out in the prarie to see, you just cant see it from the road.

I like climbing on my pony and just riding the prarie lands, You'll be supprised of what you'll find out there.

Life is too short to drive through at 75 MPH on a freeway.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts