NEW JERSEY SUCKS

NJ sucks because of the gun/hunting regs and its democratic liberalistic stand on most of the issues. Then you have to throw in high taxes, etc.

LOL! And I live here.

NJ sucks because of the gun/hunting regs and its democratic liberalistic stand on most of the issues. Then you have to throw in high taxes, etc.

LOL! And I live here.

I live in NJ too, so all I can suggest is for you to move out of the state if you are that dissatified.

Gun laws suck, but hunting regulations.......you are wrong. NJ offers hunter more opportunities than you think. If you hunt all deer seasons and permits (bow, ml, shotgun) you can actually bag up to 20 deer per year. If you live by the coast (and I do, actually on the coast) there is a great migratory bird route. 10 minutes from my house I can show wild turkey out the wazoo.

You would think that we would have gotten over the gun law issue since we have been subjected to it since Florio back in 1990 and his AWB. The Federal ban was the best thing for NJ, since it made the mfgs to make post ban models. Mag restrictions suck but if you can not get the job done in 15, you should work on being a better shot.

And the 177th Jersey Devils just flew by............it is not all that bad where I live in NJ.

Gun laws suck, but hunting regulations.......you are wrong. NJ offers hunter more opportunities than you think. If you hunt all deer seasons and permits (bow, ml, shotgun) you can actually bag up to 20 deer per year. If you live by the coast (and I do, actually on the coast) there is a great migratory bird route. 10 minutes from my house I can show wild turkey out the wazoo.

You would think that we would have gotten over the gun law issue since we have been subjected to it since Florio back in 1990 and his AWB. The Federal ban was the best thing for NJ, since it made the mfgs to make post ban models. Mag restrictions suck but if you can not get the job done in 15, you should work on being a better shot.

And the 177th Jersey Devils just flew by............it is not all that bad where I live in NJ.

I agree with most of what you are saying. NJ bag limits are usually liberal (lol) and the seasons numerous although it gets expensive (expecially with the buck tags). I do my share of hunting almost everything, however, last year I spent over $450 and I'm a resident!!! I can go to PA and hunt cheaper than that, use a rifle, no closed season on coyotes, and "less restrictive" turkey regs (although a lesser number, you don't have to ask your boss 2 months ahead of time "can I have off?").

Here's my main beefs with the state of NJ. One handgun a month, a coyote season (not open all year like PA), shot restrictions for coyote (like that's going to stop you if you really wanna kill a deer at night), no rifles except for woodchuck on private and federal (why not coyote, squirrel, etc. on the same properties), no squirrel hunting with even an air rifle, turkey permits by the week, and buck tags.

I also know that "NJ manages money, not game" and I got this from a F&G personnel (therefore the liberal hunting regulations).

If you have a special season (not open year around) for coyotes, yes I would have to agree N.J. sucks.

Ya. January thru middle of March. Except for incidental while deer hunting during certain seasons, you technically can't hunt coyotes except for the 2.5 month previously stated.

If you have a special season (not open year around) for coyotes, yes I would have to agree N.J. sucks.

Sure, open season for a an animal thats population does not currently pose any problems. Might as well have open season for deer in NJ since there are more of those than coyote.

Sure, open season for a an animal thats population does not currently pose any problems. Might as well have open season for deer in NJ since there are more of those than coyote.
The NJ coyote population DOES pose a problem. Just ask any farmer with chickens. I can let you listen to 'em on any given night where I live.

223Rem, Since you can "bag" 20 deer a year (better buy more frezzer space) why are you worried about a coyote? In case you didn't know what a coyote's diet consists of, let me educate you. Whitetail deer, Mule deer, Blacktail deer, Columbia Whitetail deer, all of the above fawns, Elk calves, Antelope fawns, ( to the point out west they do airial gunning to reduce coyote numbers to improve Antelope fawn numbers), Turkeys, Pheasants, Geese, Ducks, Quail, Grouse, eggs from nests of these birds, domestic dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, chickens, domestic sheep, lambs and calves. Anything they can catch, kill and eat.
Out west we have 'open season' on coyotes year around. Guess what! Coyotes are smart, they adapt, we still have more coyotes than we know what to do with.
I would guess you don't belong to the NRA. With your quote, "The Federal ban was the best thing for NJ...", (very scary from a 'hunter') leads me to believe that maybe NJ does suck.

Even an open season on coyotes does not reduce their population drastically, so WHY can't WE have one? PA does and they're only 10 min. away. I was thinking of getting my PA license because it will be cheaper to hunt out state.

223Rem, At least my statement contributed to this thread:rolleyes:

Yet another individual who has a beef with NJ however does not live here and is subjected to the laws. Ever step foot in the state? Yeah that's a real contribution.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.