There's NO place like home ...

... the good ole US of A.

My wife and I took a couple of weeks traveling in the EU. We enjoyed it very much but it is ALWAYS nice to be back home.

Cheers!

Glad you made it back! We are a great place despite all the crap you hear.

Steve

EU was a nice trip. We saw the popular sights and had time to do things on our own. Scotland was much more enjoyable and less hectic. Ireland was a bit depressing hearing the history and seeing the antiquated infrastructure along with their economic woes. The roads and highways are not even comparable to ours. Trips were memorable, but yes, was quite happy to be home.

... the good ole US of A.

My wife and I took a couple of weeks traveling in the EU. We enjoyed it very much but it is ALWAYS nice to be back home.

Cheers!

Oh man when I got back from Iraq and Afghanistan it literally took me a month both times to re-adjust to the US.

Ive been to Kyrgyzstan, Germany, Netherlands, and Kuwait. The first three were beautiful and the people are great, but its still pretty different.

I would, 100%, without a doubt say we are definitely blessed to live in the USA.

Ain't it the truth! When I got back from 2nd tour in Vietnam, I swore I'd never leave Texas again. Of course, I amended that promise to include visiting other states to hunt, then another amendment to hunt Alberta and Mexico. Then, a third, to delete Mexico.

Ain't it the truth! When I got back from 2nd tour in Vietnam, I swore I'd never leave Texas again. Of course, I amended that promise to include visiting other states to hunt, then another amendment to hunt Alberta and Mexico. Then, a third, to delete Mexico.

I'm with you on #3. Too corrupt and lawless. A friend guides for a big outfitter there and will only fly in and out direct to USA.

Dosh, you're so right about that. I was an outfitter on 60,000 acres until I got to the point where I couldn't guarantee the safety of my hunters on the roads, in and out.Several were very high profile and I just couldn't take a chance. A lot of good people there, but a lot of bad also and you don't want to deal with the police or the legal system.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.