Home Security

A
Dumbest smart people around 😁
AND the Smartest DUMB people around.
My sister holds several Masters and PHDs along with being a Professor at Columbia, Texas A&M and now some place in DC. She has been in the Liberal Community for over 40 years and we have such different views on everything. I can't say that she is Smart or Intelligent or Educated.
I can say that she has been INDOCTRNATED!
Indoctrination started in the 1800s when people in the US wanted to get higher education and the only way you could get a "Masters" Degree was to go the Europe Universities. European Liberalism was taught to them and then they started teaching positions in the US Universities.

What alarm/camera systems are you all using and is monitoring all web based?

Cameras are web-based.

The motion detection alarms simply go to a receiver in our home, giving an audible alarm….many tones/tunes to choose from! It is range limited!

Oh, I forgot…..the door/window alarms are also web-based! memtb

Last edited:
What alarm/camera systems are you all using and is monitoring all web based?
We stayed with ADT did the DYI Blue System everything wireless and motion sensors along with door window and fire sent to our phone they Partnered with Google for the front Door Bell and Camera as well as another outside Camera. Can get notification on our cell phones and video. This system is connected to the internet and has a Cell connection in the main unit. So two signals to ADT. We also Have "Blink" Cameras with motion detection and night vision along with video to our phones. Then we also have Honspt Motion detectors all around the property with a different alarm sound for each sensor. Also have motion Lighting all around the house mounted in the soffits of the roof.
The best system is Samson 150#s & Cassie 90#s. with 1911s, P226, PMR 30, 12 gauge Buck & Slugs, .223 SBR with Green tips and soft points, 12 gauge blanks trip wire and Claymores.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Cameras, motions lights, security system and 2 Dobermans is how I protect my place.
All of this helps. I'm a little more at ease being retired without a set schedule. Crazy people are everywhere. The previous owners of our house had security doors and bars put on windows of the daylight basement. Everything you can do to make it tough on the would be intruder, makes me feel better. The only thing we have not been able to stop is deer stealing my wife's flowers.

Howdy, now a days, everybody needs to be prepared. I have signs all around my property. One sign particular is my old sign's I had made up when I was leasing hunting property. One of my buddies is a deputy for the local police department.
He wanted one to make copies. He said that warning sign would help me in court if something ever happened, it always gets people's attention. 👍

Attachments

• 20230624_171251.jpg
    20230624_171251.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 28
Years ago I killed a skunk in my front yard and the next day I was clearing out my front fence. Right by a power pole was a hole I started digging and found 4 baby skunks. I killed three and was calling vets, friends and my dad to figure out what to feed 'em, no one could tell me what to feed it. I killed the last one and found out later I could of fed it dog food ( wished I would've known ) but my dad asked me why I wanted to keep a skunk and I told him it would be a hell of a security system when someone wanted to break in would they stick around when they saw a skunk. He laughed and said I guess not.

Years ago I killed a skunk in my front yard and the next day I was clearing out my front fence. Right by a power pole was a hole I started digging and found 4 baby skunks. I killed three and was calling vets, friends and my dad to figure out what to feed 'em, no one could tell me what to feed it. I killed the last one and found out later I could of fed it dog food ( wished I would've known ) but my dad asked me why I wanted to keep a skunk and I told him it would be a hell of a security system when someone wanted to break in would they stick around when they saw a skunk. He laughed and said I guess not.
We have raised Possums, Racoons as pets with cat food. Had a few skunks come around, but no pet. i do not even shoot them because they stink up the whole area when shot. The best way to get rid of them is use a "Live Trap" but the size where they get in and it closes and a tight fit. If the skunk can't lift their tail they can't spray!

I raised a whole litter one year, a buddy of mine knew how to take out the scent gland so he descented 5 of the 7. Those were really cool pets, lots of personality and very lovable.