There's no words

Re: There\'s no words

Johnny that brightened my whole day up thanks. Man i love that car, i always had a soft spot for a dodge charger, i'd love to own one one day. paint it orange. I'd have to convert it to run LPG to afford to run the sod over here though,, Pete

no mate, diesel is far to expensive. unless you run it on cherry red.. I've had my pajero.. (i guess you'd have to call it a Montero in Madrid) converted for about 17 months now, i've done nearly 70000 km on the stuff. i pay between 53 and 59 cents a litre. the car uses average of 17.5 litres per 100km. that works out about 9.60 euro per 100km.
it uses 15 litres of benzine to do same distance benz costs 1.20 euro. thats then 18 euro per 100km.
a diesel version of the same vehicle uses 13 litres for 100km.
diesel costs 1.09 euro per litre, so thats 14.17 euro.

for 100km:

Benzine = 18 euro
Diesel = 14 euro
LPG = 9 euro.

road tax is 50% cheaper for the benzine and LPG variant. also.
plus LPG is a cleaner fuel.
so i'm doing my bit for the environment and for my pocket.
Pete

Tell the girl to get out of the way, she is messing up the view of the car.

426 Hemi and Richard Petty ruled the roads and there I was driving a Studebaker Lark VI.

"Two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have been charged with animal cruelty after dumping dead dogs and cats in a shopping center garbage bin, police said."

I hope the PETA people weren't using this car because the police will impound it.

Pete - AHA forgot the GREEN aproach to life up north.

Here quite alot of folk (especially in the country) mix Diesel with rapeseed or olive oli to get the price per litre down. One bus company in Madrid runs a 50/50 mix as part of a university study. Smells like a Chippy on wheels.

As for Pajero/Montero - I assume you know why we dont have Pajeros here! - There are folk paying for the badges to rebadge their Monteros

For those who dont know! - PAJERO has a onanistic meaning in Spanish.

Chris, find me a buyer, ive some pajero badges for sale !!
I have been there done that on the oil with diesel mix, fill up at Aldi with cooking oil. mate, it smells great, makes me miss fish and chips even more, works ok until the weather gets cold.then the stuff gets a bit more viscosity than it needs which means fitting a tank heater and system, preheater. The idea is great on older cars, but doesn't go well with modern turbo and fuel injection systems.
Did you know the first diesel engine ran on peanut oil?
I'll stick with the LPG, virtualy no power loss, runs smooth, its greener and cheaper. cheaper means more money left over for hunting and shooting.
Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.