T3 338 First Outing.

25 Otter

I took the new T3 338 (aka Clubber) out this evening and tossed a few downrange. Gotta tell you she roots ya pretty good. Nothing I can't live with. Weighing in at 7 3/4 lbs,I think I'm going to like it from a carry aspect. She bests my 300 Ultra M700 by a solid 2lbs. I like that!
001-2.jpg

I started with some 225 Hornadys to rub the burrs out of her. I like the 100 cnt box of bullets. Old fashioned I guess. The first 3 shots were 74gr of RL19 and Fed 215 primers. Number 1 went high left and a few adjustments printed 2 more low and center. Switching to 74.5gr of the same powder and primer,and a few clicks "up",we put the 3 in the bottom of the 10 ring. Promising first outing for a light weight magnum.
002-1.jpg

For the money they are a great rifle, I have one in 300wsm and love it even with funky recoil lug, they usually shoot pretty good and smooth like no other.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.