T/C Icon bolt action rifle

NAHC in the U.S., I will put it into the Western Sportsman also. It is slated for all the major gunnie mags this spring and summer.

Which issue of American Hunter will it be in? Can you expound more on why it is such a good platform to build off of? You must have had a ball in those design meetings. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.

Dimecovers,
Will be in North American Hunter, not sure which issue right now. Same goes for details, just a bit too early to drop the entire load since they want to release the full details of this new action at the SHOT show in early Jan.
I have a lot of neat info and images I will share with you guys when I can. You are correct, I really did enjoy the meetings and being in on such a significant "secret". I can tell you this, the guys working on this action are very interesting people - including none other than the GAP man himself. This is truly a unique action, it is not a JAFR.
Anybody know what a JAFR is?

Hello everyone, I am new to the this forum, but I have been lurking for about a week now. I have been following the T/C Icon, ever since the news slipped out on a certain website a few weeks ago. I have already told my gunshop to call their distributor and have my name put on one of the first Icon's in .30 T/C that they get. I am extremely excited about this rifle. The pictures look absolutely amazing. IanM, I dont know if you can answer any of these questions, but Ill ask anyway. First, is it true that Thompson Center has set aside some really pretty wood for the first 6500 guns? Second, The original blurb that I saw on the web, said that the action was going to be true controlled round feed, just wondering if this is really the case. Third, without being too specific, what price range will this rifle fall into, less than $1,000.00 or more than $1,000.00? Lastly, when can we expect for the rifle to be released, I dont expect an exact date, but just a general time frame like late spring, early summer, next fall. Thanks for any info. that you are able to provide, and thanks for letting us all share the excitement.

The 24hr campfire article said $700-$800 possibly cheaper when in full production. If the first productions ones have the kind of figure the the prototype has I can't imagine them not being more money.
After the Shot Show I would think all your questions will be answered.

Jason,
Like you I am anxiously awaiting the new rifles, hope to shoot them Jan 10th at a shooting day prior to the SHOT Show in Florida. As for your questions, the action is not controled round feed. They did save a large supply of fancy wood when they had a huge fire at the factory a few years back and plan on using it first (6000+ stocks is one number being mentioned), price point significantly under 1000 dollars and when they will be shipping is a very good question. From some stuff I was just told I bet the .308 Win. is the first caliber shipping, .30TC is still a work in progress. There is some major tooling up going to take place but they have the people to handle that. I would not be surprised to see some out by late spring, early summer but that is a guess, pure and simple.
Hope this is of value, this is a big priority for T/C despite the sale of the company etc. Going to be a crazy year for them with the Icon and Triumph rifles plus the .30T/C and lots of slick accessories.
One thing I know about T/C and a certain small group of guys who work in a very quiet little building over to the side of the main office - the neat stuff will keep comin'.

Thanks

I sure wouldn't be displeased if they eventually got around to a .223 although I could put a .243 to work...

The cat is pretty much out of the bag. Dave C. did a comprehensive review of the new ICON. Any questions, I can probably answer in more detail now that this is out.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.