TC Icon on the shelves.

Coyboy

I stopped at the GM in Wausau last week and they had a Icon in 308 win on the rack. I was kinda in a hurry and handled it briefly. Nice looking rifle, Had a very attractive walnut stock. Priced at $999 it should be the go to gun for new buyers. Now that 700 bdl's are $850.

Last week I saw one at a local gun dealer in .308 priced ar $899.00. It didn't last long! After fondling the rifle I was reasonably impressed with the the overall package....but the current production butter knife bolt handle is a deal breaker for me.

It was terrible!!! I would consider purchasing an Icon when a different bolt handle/knob is available such as pictured in the September '07 ST magazine review on the Icon.

I thought the same thing about the bolt handle. I read that they are easilly replaceble for different options. There not welded on but are retained by the bolt shroud, I think.

Agreed, I got to handle a few of them. I'll wait till I can get one in different caliber and a normal bold handle. Can't stand the butter knife.

i was in Colorado 3 weeks ago me and my son went to gander mountain there was 3 Icon's on the shelf . i been wanting to get one but after looking at them I'm kinda disappointed on 2 of them the barrel's were touching the stock's on the left the other was touching on the right both had a 1/4 inch gap in the barrel channel . i hope its just with the first run and they get it fixed other than that i really liked them even the goofy bolt . i want one in 308 or maybe a 7mm 08 if they come out with one

JIM

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.