TC Icon on the shelves.

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by Coyboy, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

I stopped at the GM in Wausau last week and they had a Icon in 308 win on the rack. I was kinda in a hurry and handled it briefly. Nice looking rifle, Had a very attractive walnut stock. Priced at $999 it should be the go to gun for new buyers. Now that 700 bdl's are $850.

2. Fulldraw™

Fulldraw™ Well-Known Member

Last week I saw one at a local gun dealer in .308 priced ar $899.00. It didn't last long! After fondling the rifle I was reasonably impressed with the the overall package....but the current production butter knife bolt handle is a deal breaker for me.

It was terrible!!! I would consider purchasing an Icon when a different bolt handle/knob is available such as pictured in the September '07 ST magazine review on the Icon.

3. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing about the bolt handle. I read that they are easilly replaceble for different options. There not welded on but are retained by the bolt shroud, I think.

4. Boman

Boman Well-Known Member

Agreed, I got to handle a few of them. I'll wait till I can get one in different caliber and a normal bold handle. Can't stand the butter knife.

5. redbone

redbone Well-Known Member

Hays Guys

When can we get the normal bold handl on the Icon ?

Redbone

6. Dead Beat

Dead Beat Well-Known Member

i was in Colorado 3 weeks ago me and my son went to gander mountain there was 3 Icon's on the shelf . i been wanting to get one but after looking at them I'm kinda disappointed on 2 of them the barrel's were touching the stock's on the left the other was touching on the right both had a 1/4 inch gap in the barrel channel . i hope its just with the first run and they get it fixed other than that i really liked them even the goofy bolt . i want one in 308 or maybe a 7mm 08 if they come out with one

JIM