TC Encore Flip Flop use?

WolfTrap

WolfTrap here.
First, would like to say hello and hope to have fun on this site.
My question: If one buys a TC Encore in the Rifle version, would it be legal to mount pistol grips and barrels?
I've had in the pass (1980's) owned John Gray's 18in barrels, Gray's cast shoulders stocks made for TC pistols that were considered legal here in California.
This query may have been put to the board in the past? If too redundant an answer, redirect to past post if possible.
Thanks,
WolfTrap

From what a couple ATF agents have explained to me , it is legal to put a shoulder stock on an Encore frame that is registered as a pistol as long as the barrel is over 16" on a rifle (18" on a shotgun) their is also a minimum over all length that the weapon must meet (I can't remember but I think its about 32")

BUT I was told that it is NOT legal also know as Illegal to put a barrel shorter than 16" on a rifle frame unless its registered as a class 3 SBR , the question on the pistol grip was explained as it diden't matter what the but was either short rifle stock or pistol grip as long as the barrel made the weapon long enought to meet the minimum over all length requirements

Their it is clear as mud , I would recomend that you call the ATF and ask then have them direct you to the law so it can be read and printed , I've found that alot of times you will get differant answers from differant agents

From what a couple ATF agents have explained to me , it is legal to put a shoulder stock on an Encore frame that is registered as a pistol as long as the barrel is over 16" on a rifle (18" on a shotgun) their is also a minimum over all length that the weapon must meet (I can't remember but I think its about 32")

BUT I was told that it is NOT legal also know as Illegal to put a barrel shorter than 16" on a rifle frame unless its registered as a class 3 SBR , the question on the pistol grip was explained as it diden't matter what the but was either short rifle stock or pistol grip as long as the barrel made the weapon long enought to meet the minimum over all length requirements

Their it is clear as mud , I would recomend that you call the ATF and ask then have them direct you to the law so it can be read and printed , I've found that alot of times you will get differant answers from differant agents
JJ,
Pretty much mirrors what I 've dugged upped over here in Southern Cal. with one exception.....folding stocks are suspect if found on newer firearms.
Thanks for the info. Other than that.....depends what frame of mind how an officer's mood for that peticular day?
WT
PS:Seems that the site's word processing is kind of sick and not allowing errors....so....again....Thank's for the info!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.