T/C Encore Pro Hunter for Medium Long Range work

The Guide

Has anyone had any experience using a T/C Encore for LR (out to 800 yards)? I am looking for a lighter weight rifle to shoot varmints, predators, and medium game with. I want to go with the 260 Remington but would like the ability to change cartridges at will. There is a T/C Pro Hunter available locally with a .223 BBL and a .300 Win Mag BBL. Ordering a custom precision made 260 Rem BBL and I would have 3 rifles for 1/2 the cost of a basic custom 260 Rem. Just feeling out my option at the moment. I would love to get a Snowy Mountain Rifles 260 Rem but if I do it in the T/C I can have 3 rifles and add a Thunder Beast suppressor and be at or below the price of the custom bolt action.

Jay

The encore can be fine. I bought one recently and the guy had it reamed in 6.5x284 with a 140 gameking. He built the load in 22 rounds. Went out to hunt and dropped a mule deer at 504 yards on the 23rd shot. If I were ordering a barrel, I'd get one from someone else, send it to MGM to install the lug, then ship it to Mike Belm for chambering. That's the root I'd go.

Fun rifles. It's a 27" barrel done by MGM, not a particularly thick barrel either, I think it is their bull barrel, fluted (13/16") all the way. The gun is cool. The trigger is around 1.7 lbs.

I am happy playing around with it. They are cool little single shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.