T/C Encore Pro Hunter 25-06 Reloads??

Hogrydr55

Trying to find a load for a T/C Encore Pro Hunter 28" Barrel. Factory Winchester 115 Silver Tip is what he has been using however it's only producing 1 1/2 - 2 inch groups @ 100. I would like to hear from anyone that reloads for one of these concerning bullet seating depth. I'm using Nosler 115 BT w/ an assortment of powders and can't seem to find the "sweet spot" Any help would be greatly appreciated, Deer season is rapidly approaching.

There is a lot going on with an Encoure that can result in poor accuracy. I have found that you need to just size a case enough to allow it to fit in the chamber and have the gun lock up. You also need to free float the hand guard completely. It must not touch the barrel or the action. I have not loaded for an Encore in 25-06 but do for Rem 700 bolt guns. With your 115 gr BT try either 52 grs H4831 or 49 grs IMR or AA 4350. I use the 49 grs IMR or AA 4350 with CCI 250 primers in Rem. cases with the 117 Sierra Pro Hunter flat base bullet 20 thousands off the lands in my 25-06 Rem. 700 26" Shilen barrel rifle. ACCURATE and DEADLY.

You may find like I did with this rifle that it may not like those 115 BT bullets. My rifle does not like boat tail bullets but shoots like a house afire with flat base bullets. If you can find some try the 117 Sierra Pro Hunter flat base bullet. It is one fine deer killing bullet.

Thanks for the info RT. Got back from the range last night after shooting that single shot wonder and it actually did much better. 56gr Retumbo WLR 115NBT
Winchester case Bullet seated .020 off lands. 5 shots avg FPS was 3155. Conditions were kinda windy but it put 4 of the 5 an inch and a half high @ 100 that I covered with a nickel. I checked a factory loaded Winchester 115gr Ballistic Silvertip in that T/C and it was .140 off that lands!
Trying a flatbase bullet is a good idea. My friend is attached to the 115 BT but I think I have some old 115gr Nosler Partitions that I might "sneak" in on him.
The 4831 load is exactly what I shot in my dear old 721 remington that I built and it loved those 117gr Sierra's. This 700 that I have now is one of the 24" barreled "Varmit Specials" with a heavy barrel. It's almost too pretty to hunt with but i'll manage i'm sure. This weekend it's my turn to shoot.

Last edited:
Just crank that scope up so it shoots 3" high at 100 yards and hold in the center of a deers shoulder out to 350 yards and he is yours. Bullet will not be over 3 1/4" above or below line of sight.

Did not catch the 28" barrel part of your post. Yep Retumbo works really well in loooooog barrels. I have a 264 Win mag with a 27 3/4" Shilen barrel and with 130 Accubonds and Retumbo I get 3350 fps and glint edge accuracy. That thing shoots flaaaaaaaaaaat to waaaaaaaay out there.

Good luck and good shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.