Reloading the 30-06 T/C Venture

Waynard

Reloading the 30-06 T/C Venture 24inch barrel, using W.W. Brass, CCI B.R. 2 primers,165gr. Sierra B.T. bullets and Reloader17 powder. Question is, how much powder of Rl 17 is going to give me about 2850 to 2900 F.P.S.?

the tc venture is a great rifle my venture in 06 tends to be a little faster than most of my buddys 06s I think it has to do with the 5r rifling I haven't used r17 yet but plan to I get 2950 out of 51gr.s 4064 165 gr. Interlocs 1/2 moa out to 400 yrds.

Look up Nosler.com/load data. I put a new Hart barrel 26" on my 06. Shooting 168 Berger hybrids with H4350, I'm getting 2966 fps

WOW ... that's amazing accuracy. I am finding that the bolt on my Ventura is a little stiff to unlock. It is still brand new and I am wondering if it will loosen up a tad after some break in time???? Anyone else have this???
Airbuster

WOW ... that's amazing accuracy. I am finding that the bolt on my Ventura is a little stiff to unlock. It is still brand new and I am wondering if it will loosen up a tad after some break in time???? Anyone else have this???
Airbuster
Its a product of the short bolt handle and cocking of the firing pin.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.