Surgeon rifle with a lot of finger prints on it

Ian M

I got to handle a new Surgeon Tactical rifle a couple of days ago and I must say this is one fine long range rifle! Kreiger 25" barrel, plain-Jane A-5 in desert camo, Jewel trigger, Badger bottom metal, and that sweet little action c/w integral Picatinny rail and recoil lug.
Really surpised how nicely it handled, makes me want to re-think using the A-5 in the field. I am pretty much hooked on the HTG but this Surgeon was very nicely ballanced. The rifle was calling out to be shot, but... need to be patient. Slap a 3.5-15 NXS in Badgers on that rifle and things would get really interesting.
No pictures, was snowing too much when I got to drool and dream about the rifle.

I am very impressed with how the Surgen actions are made and the tollerance's they hold in the manufacturing process.I am on the list for a long action as soon as they are ready

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.