Storing gun cases

tt35

Seeking ideas/ opinions. I'm in the process of creating a trophy wall in my shop/reloading room. It' leading into a reorganization and cleanup project. The pile of soft cases on top of the safe has to go. (I probably need to rehome several of these. :rolleyes:) Wall space is limited, although I can go higher on a wall. Any useful ideas on the soft case storage? Thanks!

I don't have any pictures, but what we did at one hunting camp, is, we ran like a cloths line , and then added clips to the soft cases and hang them that way, it keeps them easy to access and organized for us, we when a bunch of guys show up they piled up on the floor or throw where ever and became a problem!
if your looking to more or less hide them, maybe one of the wooden closets you put together, or like a double wide locker , then you'd also be able to put any hand gun cases or even hard cases in it as well

Seeking ideas/ opinions. I'm in the process of creating a trophy wall in my shop/reloading room. It' leading into a reorganization and cleanup project. The pile of soft cases on top of the safe has to go. (I probably need to rehome several of these. :rolleyes:) Wall space is limited, although I can go higher on a wall. Any useful ideas on the soft case storage? Thanks!
I use my soft cases for shotguns & un-scoped rifles.

I hang mine vertically behind a door on ladder hooks. You can hang several on cases on a single ladder hook.
My brother in law gave me the idea. He uses the ladder hooks in the open floor joists of his gun room to store guns.
Depending on the size and configuration, he can store 2 or 3 guns per pair of ladder hooks.

I added a strip of plywood to the top of 1 wall in my garage and used 15 screw-in hooks like you might use for xmas lights in a row 2" apart. All my soft cases have eyelets at the barrel end and are stiff enough that I can put them up or take them down just by grabbing the stock end. I also stow my hard cases vertically in a row with bungee cords strung off the same hooks but at about 50" off the ground. These fit well under existing shelving.

Hanging from nails in the floor joists in the basement or on the back of a closet door with the over the door hook/racks you can buy.