Stock for a small stature shooter

Gray R

Hey guys as the title suggests I'm looking for a rifle stock for a small shooter. She's my better half and she's about 5'2 and 115 soaking wet. She has shot out to about 600 with me on a Few occasions and we've talked about gettin her a rig of her own. The trouble is she has tried to get behind my rifle and the length was too long for her to be immediately comfortable. I'm shooting a 700 with a bell and carlson medalist a2 and like I said she couldn't hunker down on it enough to shoot. I was hoping to hear from all you guys who have put something together for a smaller shooter on what stocks were reasonable and fit the small statutes well. Thanks ahead for replies

Manners makes the MCS-EH4, which is a "compact" stock, I 'm not sure how much that means it iwll be suitable for a small lady, though it's it's worth a look for you.

As a lifelong member of the T-Rex arms club, I can offer some advice. First find out what length of pull she needs. Youth stocks (in plastic) are often around 12.5" LOP. And wooden stocks can often be cut down to size, where large plastic stocks are a real pain to shorten.

The firearms industry really craps on us shorties, so the options available are pretty limited.

If she ends up being as interested as I am about ill definitely get her a custom stock but I don't wanna spend the time or cash if she doesn't stick with it. Thanks for that direction though if it comes to that I'll give him a ring.

If she ends up being as interested as I am about ill definitely get her a custom stock but I don't wanna spend the time or cash if she doesn't stick with it.

I know exactly what you mean. I've been trying to get my wife to hunt with me for the last 32 years but to no avail. She's a fair weather shooter though.

Here's another for your consideration; BLACKHAWK! Axiom U/L Rifle Stock - BLACKHAWK!, LOP can be adjusted down to 11.25" and if you shop around you can get them for $175ish.

Good luck!

Hey guys as the title suggests I'm looking for a rifle stock for a small shooter. She's my better half and she's about 5'2 and 115 soaking wet. She has shot out to about 600 with me on a Few occasions and we've talked about gettin her a rig of her own. The trouble is she has tried to get behind my rifle and the length was too long for her to be immediately comfortable. I'm shooting a 700 with a bell and carlson medalist a2 and like I said she couldn't hunker down on it enough to shoot. I was hoping to hear from all you guys who have put something together for a smaller shooter on what stocks were reasonable and fit the small statutes well. Thanks ahead for replies
A good measure of length of pull is to measure from the crotch of the elbow to the middle of the trigger finger.

Any wood or laminate stock can be cut down to fit.

You can also have a good stocksmith sand down the neck and butt sides to give a more customized and comfortable fit.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.