Rifles for kids small stature

hesse

NO AR PLATFORM THEY ARE ILLEGAL IN PENNSYLVANIA FOR BIG GAME HUNTING. So I have a couple of young grandkids that are able to deer hunt this year but are still too young in my opinion to handle a full size rifle next year they should be able to just because of the length of pull aspect of it play right now shoot like the Savage rascals fit that length of pull pretty good so I'm trying to find a stock with that type of length of pole for a 22 250 for them to be able to fit the gun properly. Any recommendations for a stock that small would be greatly appreciated before a Winchester model 70

Is your 22'250 at Remington 700? If you had a 700/clone I have a youth stock. I worked well for my kids and some other kids. Easy to swap out as they grow. Another option that we have used here is to buy a youth gun in a Remington 700 and then just buy a full sized stock as they grow.

I have found the 7-08 to be an ideal kid gun. With light loads has very mild recoil and can handle any large game in PA for sure. Just my $.02. Good luck on your search.

^ tikka compact in 223 is my next deer rifle even being (physically) a full grown adult.

Looks like a bucket of fun and great for practice and training

Put a Burris 3-9 with BP on it and it won't be long till they're tearing up steel to 400 yds with ease

1690480175656.png

This is the direction I went for my grandkids. The oldest is 8, so she might be another year or two before tackling it.

It's small, but not light....so probably better for sitting than walking hunting. I did load development using 97gr Absolute Hammers going just over 3100 fps at the muzzle. Calculates out to 10 lbs of recoil....minus the muzzle brake effect.

YMMV, but I think this is a pretty viable solution.

It will be box blind hunting off a rest so the carrying is limited we drive to the box and park under it. So the youth stocks are to long the Tikka the Ruger and the savage youth model looking for ideas on super short stocks might have to with a chassis if all else fails I have a year but I want to get them shooting quick as possible practice practice