States to take my 6yr old son to hunt deer

David F

We are from Oregon and my son is dying to shoot a deer! He currently shoots a 6.5 creedmoor. He will start hunting deer here in Oregon when's he is 9 but we are looking for some ideas/states to hunt before then! Thanks in advance for the info!

So he can't hunt in Oregon now? You can take him to Texas to hunt, maybe even hunt some exotics here, just don't expect it to be cheap!
No unfortunately. He has to be 9 to hunt in the Oregon Mentored Youth Program.....

Texas is a great option but mostly private land so you will have to pay for the hunt most likely. Really depends on what level of deer you are looking for. Doe hunts can be fairly cheap, cull hunts get a little pricey-er. For a "trophy" hunt the sky is the limit. If you decide on Texas I'd be glad to help you find something.

Thanks for all the info so far! We will definitely hit up some of you that would be willing to help! If we head to the Midwest/East coast it'll be with a camper and pickup. Hopefully will be able to hit a couple states and fuel his passion for wanting to deer hunt!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.