States to take my 6yr old son to hunt deer

In Texas, youth under 17 are not required to have hunters ed, as long as they are accompanied by an adult who does or was grandfathered not to have to have it. That being said, I have 10,000 acres of low fence, free range hunting. I'd be glad to help you introduce hunting to your son. We even have a youth only season that starts two weeks prior to the general season and extends two weeks after the general season ends.

Let me be clear, I am not a hunting ranch. I farm and ranch for a living and have a little hunting on the side. I will not gouge you for a high price for a deer for your son. I do have a few feeders set up, but for the most part, they are to keep the deer around all year. I like to hunt wheat and oat fields, spot and stalk. I don't have blinds set up at my feeders. If this is something you'd be interested in, send me a PM. I know Oregon is a log way from Texas, and that may be problematic, but I'd love to help you out.

Wv could be an option too . Lots of deer and no set age requirement. Tags are fairly cheap just not a huge amount of public ground some but nothing like out west

We are from Oregon and my son is dying to shoot a deer! He currently shoots a 6.5 creedmoor. He will start hunting deer here in Oregon when's he is 9 but we are looking for some ideas/states to hunt before then! Thanks in advance for the info!
Y'all come on down to Alabama. Seasons are long, we have a dedicated youth season, venison on the hoof is plentiful, cost isn't astronomical. Now is the time to start your research. Also, regardless of what you may have heard;
(1) Yankee visa's are NOT required to cross over into God's Country.
(2) English IS spoken here.
(3) You'll NOT return to Oregon addicted to grits, sweet tea, pecan pie and a vocabulary filled with terms like "y'all and bless his heart," unless...you're very lucky.

Try Missouri. Plenty of public land. Tags less than $10.00 for kids, even nonresidents. Can hunt the youth and regular season

Attachments

• B425D829-7BB2-4B7A-AF0F-D1E3C7F5542C.png
    B425D829-7BB2-4B7A-AF0F-D1E3C7F5542C.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 98
In TN he can hunt deer. Bring a tent and sleep at a campground on public land. Your biggest expense will be gas. We are overrun with deer. If you make the trip, let me know, I'll help you get where you need to be. No sweat

In TN he can hunt deer. Bring a tent and sleep at a campground on public land. Your biggest expense will be gas. We are overrun with deer. If you make the trip, let me know, I'll help you get where you need to be. No sweat.
GOOD ON YOU! ☺️

If someone makes the effort to ASK me to hunt on my land and has GOOD HUNTING ETHICS, they are almost universally welcomed by myself. Shooting around nursing newborns or calving cows is a no-no.

What I really detest are IDIOTS who buy a 300WM and haven't shot 20 rounds out of it since new that hunt my land without permission, leave gates open, etc. I have had these idiots in lifted 4x4 pickups drive through gates (yes crush and destroy them), shoot a Buck, cut the antlers off and, leave the rest.

A little "common courtesy" goes a long way in most rural areas! Good hunting ethics will see you welcomed back and encouraged in the following years.
Super kind of you to do that. Thanks for the insight. Totally understand. The people around here thst are landowners are constantly having problems with people cutting locks at gates and leaving the gates wide open, doing other damage etc, making it that much harder for good ethical hunters to get permission to hunt private land.

Sir I think you misunderstand what he is saying. "Trespass fees" are an agreed upon amount someone charges you to access their land. He is not talking about illegally trespassing, exactly the opposite in fact.
Yes. Thanks for clarifying. Here in Idaho it's illegal to sell the land owner tags but some peop get around that by giving the tags away but charging a "trespass fee". That is a fee for the right to hunt the property. Pretty much the same as a day fee or lease fee.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.