Special Remington Sendero Run Interest

I wouldnt mind a 222 rem, as long as the quality of these rifles are the same as before rem went down the crapper.:rolleyes: i think a 222 rem would be an awesome pdog gun!gun)

I wouldnt mind a 222 rem, as long as the quality of these rifles are the same as before rem went down the crapper.:rolleyes: i think a 222 rem would be an awesome pdog gun!gun)

Agreed. I had to tap out my 22-250 tp an AI before it would shoot!. If they can get the quality back I would take a LH 222. :D

MM

The calibers I was planning on offering were the 222, 6mm, 25-06, maybe a 280 AI, and the 338 RUM. Lately, Grice has been limiting the number produced to the caliber, so it would be a one of 222, etc. venture to keep interest high, and without having a lot of overhead in the project for anybody involved. Granted, only the 06 and RUM were regular production models, but I feel the others should have a shot in the lineup as well.

Do you guys on here think that this would be a successful venture given the calibers that will be offered? If this truly proved to be successful, I would like to move on with other out of production models on a limited basis, like the old BDL Varmint Special line.

Out of those I can see the 338 RUM selling well.

as to future ventures...

It's time for Remington to wake up and release a real 6.5 whether 260 or 6.5 cm with a properly twisted barrel 1-8 to 1-8.5. Also a 223 with a 1-7 to 1-8 twist along with the nato chamber in the 223 SPS tactical, this would allow us to shoot cheap in a 1k capable rifle. All of the above with a varmint/sendro barrel, dont really care about the stock or trigger as I will most likely replace those anyway.

Something else I have always wanted to see is a 30-06 with a varmint/sendero barrel...

Out of those I can see the 338 RUM selling well.

as to future ventures...

It's time for Remington to wake up and release a real 6.5 whether 260 or 6.5 cm with a properly twisted barrel 1-8 to 1-8.5. Also a 223 with a 1-7 to 1-8 twist along with the nato chamber in the 223 SPS tactical, this would allow us to shoot cheap in a 1k capable rifle. All of the above with a varmint/sendro barrel, dont really care about the stock or trigger as I will most likely replace those anyway.

Something else I have always wanted to see is a 30-06 with a varmint/sendero barrel...

Well I would definitely say we have proven a Remington 700 Sendero SF 338 RUM is highly sought after these days.

This "Brand New In The Box Remington 700 Sendero SF 338 Remington Ultra Magnum" sold for $2,226.00 today! :cool:

REMINGTON 700 SENDERO SF 338 REM ULTRA MAGNUM : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

Bump.......What ever became of this?

I'd still about sell my soul to buy one in a .308, .280AI (SAAMI chambering), .257 Weatherby Mag, 7mm RemMag, and .300 WinMag, all at the same time!

And they would all have to come with 40-X triggers in them. No X-marks...

What is the status of this. We have 8 pages on this thread and not a response from the op as to if it is doable, or pricing

OK question 1st why did Rem stop making the original line of Sendero's? 2nd what is the difference
Between all the sender models? Is it the finish, fluting, stainless etc.. I do not own a sender but have realized the are growing in me and I am very curious. Love the way they look
Deffinetly like the SS with black flutes but without works as
Well.
If it would be a limited run on that model and price wasn't stupid crazy. Why not order the one ya want instead of just certain calibers. Just my .02. They are beautiful rifles.

OK question 1st why did Rem stop making the original line of Sendero's? 2nd what is the difference
Between all the sender models? Is it the finish, fluting, stainless etc.. I do not own a sender but have realized the are growing in me and I am very curious. Love the way they look
Deffinetly like the SS with black flutes but without works as
Well.
If it would be a limited run on that model and price wasn't stupid crazy. Why not order the one ya want instead of just certain calibers. Just my .02. They are beautiful rifles.
1) No Clue....But they screwed up big time in doing so, IMO. Probably thought it had been around long enough and wanted to put out something new to increase sales, or some other BS money-hungry reason.
2) Sendero (original) - blued finish, heavy barrel, non-fluted, jeweled bolt
Sendero SF - Stainless barrel and action, fluted barrel, jeweled bolt
Sendero SFII - Stainless barrel and action, black fluted barrel, jeweled bolt
The stainless w/ black flutes is the Sendero SFII.

3) That is an EXCELLENT idea! Why not just be able to order in whatever caliber you so desire, with whatever twist barrel would be nice!

I'd order a Sendero SF .280 A.I. (Nosler SAAMI Spec chamber) w/ 26" 1:9" twist, and a worked 40-X trigger (no X-Mark, they suck). I'd enjoy shooting that thing until the barrel melted and warped...Hahaha! Plus, imagine it with a NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56 ZS HS MOAR w/ a good rail and rings. That would be the ultimate whitetail setup, from 50-1000 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.