Special Remington Sendero Run Interest

I like to say my 8mm IS my 308 and IS my 30-06. They are virtually identical.

Yeah, 8mm Mauser is very similar in performance to the .30-06. Just a little bit bigger bullet (.323").

If you like 8mm's come join us in the 8mm thread...I think you'll enjoy it.

When I purchased my Sendero, I had the choice of the 7 STW, or the 300 WM. I chose the WM for the virtues everyone knows to be true.

Greater range of bullet sizes and choices, a proven performer, and an extremely accurate cartridge. I crunched the numbers, and realized that anything the 7 could do, the 300 could do better. The 7 might exhibit some better ballistics within a certain weight of bullets, but hey, that goes without saying. I load bullets from 110 grain Speer spire points at 1800 fps and 3600 fps, to 200 grain partitions. Soon, I'll up the ante to 240 grain Sierras when I get this heavy gun built.

The 7 is very close to the 300, but it has to operate in a smaller window. I chose the 300. The 7 is seductive, but for me, the 300 is a no-brainer.

BC? A couple clicks on the Nightforce will dispel any discrepancy the the 7 fans will spell out.

I have a 7RM that is a 1/4" tackdriver. Do I need a 7 STW? I have a 8 mauser, that with a 200 partition knocks their dick stiff out to 300. I'm building a better long tool, and the 7 RM is my walkaround accuracy machine.

There's nothing wrong with the STW, but I think it shines with the heavier bullets.

Thanks for asking.

The great 7 vs 3- debate.... gotta love it

The main reason I got into 7mm's is time of flight; the 7stw and 300 win are so close to the same output wise it's not even funny but the stw has a bit lower time of flight so it's a bit better if you want to kill something that may move on you.

I have a 7rem, a 7stw, a 300win, and 300rum and all are great rifles. If I had to go to one it would be the 300rum as it can get the time of flight down with 180's for deer hunting and still hammer a 225hpbt at 3000fps and change without working up a sweat. I don't have to make that choice so I'll stay with the 7stw and both 30's with a 7rem around as a pop-can gun.

I am interested in Sendero in 300 win mag.

Please don't take this thread as a freebie shot at advertising, but my brother and I are in the process of starting up a small sporting goods shop and one thing that has stuck in my mind for the last few years was the slow dying of the Sendero/VSSF line.

A local wholesaler/shop, Grice's, is well know for working with manufacturers to bring out unique non-catalog models from time to time. The thought in my head at the moment would be to work with Grices to make a special run of Sendero's and VSSF rifles that have remained popular since the line came out, but were dropped by Remington for one reason or another.

The calibers I was planning on offering were the 222, 6mm, 25-06, maybe a 280 AI, and the 338 RUM. Lately, Grice has been limiting the number produced to the caliber, so it would be a one of 222, etc. venture to keep interest high, and without having a lot of overhead in the project for anybody involved. Granted, only the 06 and RUM were regular production models, but I feel the others should have a shot in the lineup as well.

Do you guys on here think that this would be a successful venture given the calibers that will be offered? If this truly proved to be successful, I would like to move on with other out of production models on a limited basis, like the old BDL Varmint Special line.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.