Interest in Limited run of Sako TRG 22 260???

HCarcher

I work at a Beretta Dealer and currently only the highest level Beretta Dealers have the chance to put in an order for a limited run of TRG 22s in .260 right now only .308 and .338 (TRG 42) are available.

Just wanted to get an idea of who would potentially be interested in one these that would be available September 2015. Pricing would be same as the TRG 22 in .308

Not taking down payments or anything simply seeing who might want to get there hands on something like this.

Let me know!

I work at a Beretta Dealer and currently only the highest level Beretta Dealers have the chance to put in an order for a limited run of TRG 22s in .260 right now only .308 and .338 (TRG 42) are available.

Just wanted to get an idea of who would potentially be interested in one these that would be available September 2015. Pricing would be same as the TRG 22 in .308

Not taking down payments or anything simply seeing who might want to get there hands on something like this.

Let me know!

Very neat. I still want to find a TRG-S in 7 STW =P That'd be my favorite gun. Ever. Other than my 17. hahaha

Let me know!

Never owned a Saco nor have I had a chance to be around any but have heard nothing but positive on them. With that said, what lenght of barrel would these come in and what twist would they have?
I've had a 6.5 itch and I need to get it scratched.

EuroOptic had some specials done in .260 a while back; sounded like they went pretty fast.
Fwiw: I'm done buying Sakos since Beretta bought 'em. Hope that company treats you better than their Maryland (ex)workers....

Never owned a Saco nor have I had a chance to be around any but have heard nothing but positive on them. With that said, what lenght of barrel would these come in and what twist would they have?
I've had a 6.5 itch and I need to get it scratched.

We got the specs after they told us about the program and they are only putting out the TRG 22 in 260 with a 20" barrel.... Odd that they aren't offering a longer barrel for this setup but that is a deal breaker.

I have one of the 260s from the EuroOptics run, it's a great rifle and I would recommend it highly to anyone looking for a long range rifle. But it does have a 26" barrel, a 20 inch barrel is going to lose some fps. It would probably be a better carry rifle, as the 26" w/ muzzle brake is a bit front heavy, but for long range I'll take the longer barrel.

I'd love to have a factory replacement barrel for mine, but that sounds like it's not realistic.

I have one of the 260s from the EuroOptics run, it's a great rifle and I would recommend it highly to anyone looking for a long range rifle. But it does have a 26" barrel, a 20 inch barrel is going to lose some fps. It would probably be a better carry rifle, as the 26" w/ muzzle brake is a bit front heavy, but for long range I'll take the longer barrel.

I'd love to have a factory replacement barrel for mine, but that sounds like it's not realistic.

Doesn't look like it for this round which is unfortunate. If we could get in 26" we would jump on it but taking the barrel length away from this caliber somewhat defeats the purpose of the very tactical oriented rifle. Hopefully they will change it and put longer barrels out.

Too bad, I love mine and I know others would as well.

Just to rub salt in the wound, here's an example of what the TRG-22 in 260 can do. This pic shows two consecutive 3 round groups, one from 500 yards and one from 600 yards. These were shot prone in a match with 50 seconds to load and shoot each group.

Sacto_3-2-14.JPG

It was a very good day for me, but the TRG is always that good.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.