Soon to come Lapua 6DOF ballistics app!

Korhil78

As you all know, Lapua makes awesome products. I am pretty excited about their new 6DOF app that they are coming out with. I use shooter right now but if this proves to be better then I will make the switch.

As was stated earlier by an Applied Ballistics person, Berger has joined forces with NAMMO who lapua is a part of. This will make for some awesome ammunition being put out for longrange shooters. This is also how I found out about the Lapua 6DOF app when I clicked on the link.

The link to lapuas website with a video about the app is below:

Headlines - News | Nammo Lapua

Seems pretty sweet. What do you guys think?

Hopefully we can get someone from Applied Ballistics to chime in since they pretty much tried to take Hornadys 4DOF ballistics program to the cleaners. Applied Ballistics has stated that it is their mission to be the complete and unbiased source of external Ballistics information for longrange shooters in their Truth in performance campaign.

You can read about it here:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/marketing-hype-ballistics-hornady-4dof-solver-174968/

Last edited:
Lapua has been running 6DOF for quite a while, there used to be a program, I have one program that runs their data still, it'll be interesting to see, looks like it will be released in a full app version not a trial on line version, it'll be interesting to compare an actual 6DOF vs 4DOF with some assumptions to fill in the gaps which leaves a lot to be desired. It'll be interesting to see if the merging of Berger will allow use to have 6DOF solutions for that program or translated G7's from the 6DOF to use in a normal program.

I'd like to see a someone offer a good ballistics app loaded in an inexpensive Texas Instruments type basic compact calculator sized outfit that has a solar powered option. I like Shooter a lot but I don't like taking my phone into the back-country and a phone takes to long to power up when turned off.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts