Some Piece of equipment you feel is overly hyped

The way that I read that post was to not get too wrapped up in either using the best glass possible or don't go at all. To some degree or other we're all budget constrained. Your budget may not be the same as mine, but we're all constrained by them. Buy the best that you can afford and adjust your technique as appropriate.

Last edited:
Go from sharp and clear binoculars to dark and blurred scope, with an indistinct cross hair, yep really good choice, don't need quality optics for the most important part of the whole hunt, now I have to try and find the gut shot deer, that just might have become lost.

REALLY GOOD DECISION
Find me a "dark and blurred" optic on the market today. A new leupold vx3 has decent glass compared to any top scope a decade or 2 ago.

I think you're over exaggerating my point.
Hypothetically, in a hunting scope would you rather have

A; vx3 level glass in a bomb proof scope

B; swaro level glass in a scope that has a 10% failure rate

Well you like to edit your post after you get a reply to them so as to change the context and to imply things so I don't see the point of continuing and all mechanical devices have a failure rate , so what a bogus argument .

Well you like to edit your post after you get a reply to them so as to change the context and to imply things so I don't see the point of continuing and all mechanical devices have a failure rate , so what a bogus argument .
I edited it right after I posted it, to add context, not got get one over on you. Sorry for that.

I think we all are quite aware that failure rates exist. AND some scopes have extremely low failure rates, and some don't.

I have never missed a shot because of glass quality. Or had glass quality create a safety issue.
I have missed a shot because a scope was not able to retain zero.

Different priorities.

Bears, cougars, and wolves for game management.

Meateater Bozangeles (Bozeman, MT if you're not up to speed) type of yuppie hunters. This includes many bow hunters and fly fishermen even though I love both activities.

Grown men using a 6.5 man bun for hunting big game. Not a bad adolescent rifle, not a great big game rifle. And while I'm at it…Hornady's marketing program.

Berger bullets for hunting. Great for ideal shots on animals or punching paper. Unreliable for ALL hunting circumstances.

OTC out-of-state tags. Sorry folks but anywhere this occurs it's a mess and really disappointing to the folks that live there all year.

Hunting shows consisting of whitetail tree stand hunting. It's like baseball, fun to play, lame to watch.

Guys who say, "I smoked it," on hunting shows.

The latest trend on YouTube where they call a hunt "DIY." Am I watching some Nancy on HGTV talk about curtains and living space?