So.... 6.5 PRC fliers.....

I googled savage accustock and savage FAQ showed 40-45. My manual said 48. I've used 48 on every accustock I have, thinking 7 now, and they all shot well with handloads. I don't shoot factory ammo so I cannot say if more or less is better. I do feel that too little will eventually mean a loose action screw. For any stock with a steel pillar and I run 65. All chassis, 65.
I will probably just crank it on down to 48 and see what happens. Loosening was my thought also.
We have 7 centerfire Savages, and 2 rimfires.(and I am a Rem 700 man LOL) This is the first Savage that has me scratching my head, and it is new. So I am a long way from counting it out yet.

If you didn't make any scope adjustments between the groups try to overlay them into one large group. Put a pin through the point of aim to line them up and trace them all onto one sheet and see if that helps. With the other load shooting well, it's tough to say that it's a scope being loose or something.
If all had been shot at the same POI we would have 14 shots at MOA or less, and 7 predominately left and right 3"- 3.5", which is why I am leaning towards mechanical issue. This is a brand new scope never been shot so it is a suspect at this point. First thing we will do is shoot the 123 load again, and then a few more 143's. Then try a scope swap if the 123's don't shoot again. Because they shot well with two other scopes.(regular glass and a thermal)

I have an old 7mm mag in Rem 700 BDL clothing. About 30 years ago I tried some Hornady 139 gr SSTs. This gun loved about every brand of 140 I fed it. The 139 SST went about a 12 inch group at 100! I tried 5 different powders and nothing helped. Then about 20 years later my daughter bought a 700 in 7 mag. So I thought might as well break hers in with the "faulty on sale" 139 SST bullets. First load I tried was about .75 MOA at 300. Tried some in my 7 mag again... 12" at 100. Now if that doesn't make you shake your head nothing will.

This is the first Savage that has me scratching my head, and it is new. So I am a long way from counting it out yet.
I'm a Savage guy.
The 6.5 PRC 110 Tactical is the first one that I really couldn't get acceptable accuracy out of.
I tried different scopes, checking torque, multiple bullets, different powders, different primers, seating depths, factory ammo, put in a chassis, etc.....
I just started load development with the Shilen barrel yesterday.

I'm a Savage guy.
The 6.5 PRC 110 Tactical is the first one that I really couldn't get acceptable accuracy out of.
I tried different scopes, checking torque, multiple bullets, different powders, different primers, seating depths, factory ammo, put in a chassis, etc.....
I just started load development with the Shilen barrel yesterday.
What's your rifle look like with the custom barrel. We may go this route if we don't figure this thing out.
So far the best we have done is 4 shots at 1 MOA at 130 yards. I have discovered the secret. Or just a fluke. More testing is needed. Take only one shot every 5-10 minutes.

So what I wrote up above is that I am pretty sure this gun will group….if you keep the barrel cold.
We have tried remounting bases rings and scopes(plural). No change. Remounted action to stock and torqued to 48 in lbs.
No change. On a hot day of shooting three shots. Waiting a little and three more. Waiting a little and three more. Seems that she really opens up as she gets hot. Mainly in a left to right pattern. Like 3.5" to 5" group. 123s or 143s. RL 26 or 4831SC.
I think the reason we thought it was so good with the 123s it was January and we were shooting 200 with a thermal. Shoot once. Drive up to see where we hit. Mark it adjust scope then shoot again. Never a three shot group.
Could this be a bedding fix? Or a barrel problem. It has thrown left and right shots. Not what I have seen with a barrel that climbs as it heats.
The 4 shot MOA group was probably .1 MOA up and down and 1 MOA left to right. (Perfect horizontal line)
We have about 113 shots through it. Factory Savage barrel. Will it maybe settle with 100 more?
WHAT WOULD YOU DO NEXT?

So what I wrote up above is that I am pretty sure this gun will group….if you keep the barrel cold.
We have tried remounting bases rings and scopes(plural). No change. Remounted action to stock and torqued to 48 in lbs.
No change. On a hot day of shooting three shots. Waiting a little and three more. Waiting a little and three more. Seems that she really opens up as she gets hot. Mainly in a left to right pattern. Like 3.5" to 5" group. 123s or 143s. RL 26 or 4831SC.
I think the reason we thought it was so good with the 123s it was January and we were shooting 200 with a thermal. Shoot once. Drive up to see where we hit. Mark it adjust scope then shoot again. Never a three shot group.
Could this be a bedding fix? Or a barrel problem. It has thrown left and right shots. Not what I have seen with a barrel that climbs as it heats.
The 4 shot MOA group was probably .1 MOA up and down and 1 MOA left to right. (Perfect horizontal line)
We have about 113 shots through it. Factory Savage barrel. Will it maybe settle with 100 more?
WHAT WOULD YOU DO NEXT?
Well, I'd make sure the barrel is in fact free floating, the barrel nut is in fact tight (ya never know), the stock doesn't have any imperfections causing problems....... then I would shoot 1 round and set a timer to 5 mins. I would shoot 3-5 rounds with a 5 min period min between shots. That will answer the question about heat. IF heat is causing it, it sounds like heat stress in the barrel is creating a whip. That could be from off center bore, bad barrel material thickness, bad spot in the metal......

WHAT WOULD YOU DO NEXT?
Make sure the mag box is not binding in the stock.

Barrels are cheap and components are expensive and scarce.

Call up James at Northland and order you a barrel, barrel nut, go/no go gauges and a barrel nut wrench and teach the boy how to fix his rifle. Education, memories and less worry afterwards.

Quit chasing what if and make it happen.
We have plans to do that sometime in the near future. Just want to eliminate possible problems that might rear their ugly head after we install a new barrel.
You are 100% correct on the price of components vs barrel!!!

Barrels are cheap and components are expensive and scarce.

Call up James at Northland and order you a barrel, barrel nut, go/no go gauges and a barrel nut wrench and teach the boy how to fix his rifle. Education, memories and less worry afterwards.

Quit chasing what if and make it happen.
Would you go with Shilen or Criterion?