Small hands

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Marc, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Marc

Marc Member

I'm looking for a gunstock suitable for my small hands. With standard gunstocks from Tikka,Sako,Blaser , Steyr I always need to stretch the hand to get a comfotable hold for my trigger finger. Not a big problem but it tends to spoil a few shots when I do not take care to get first a correct grip. The fit is just not natural.
    So if you are aware of any suitable gunstocks, please let me know.

Thanks and kind regards,

Marc

2. chas3stix

chas3stix Well-Known Member

Marc,
    You may want to look into a youth sized stock. You can always add spacers if the length of pull is too short. I believe Remington and Savage make youth sized stocks.

3. Marc

Marc Member

Thanks Chas3stix,

Good idea, I fear just I'll need an awfull lot of spacers... As the rest of my body doesn't come after my hands.

cheers

Marc

4. RDM416

RDM416 Well-Known Member

Marc,

I am small in stature and have small hands as well. It may sound strange, but the McMillan A5 and clones work well for me. Although the pistol grip area is rather thick the vertical grip allows me to get my finger to the trigger without any difficulty. If you can get your hands on a stock with a vertical or near vertical pistol grip area give it a try you might be surprised at how well it fits a small hand.