Hands on new Remington LRH

Iclimb

Anyone have experiences (hands on) with the new rem 700 long range? Looks like the sps in a B&C stock to me. Think it'll kill the sendero? I've heard it doesn't feel as nice as the sendero.

For 1/2 the price of the Sendero, I highly doubt it will kill the sales, unless it just happens to shoot lights-out. I have considered buying one in 7mm RM just to dink around with at the range, since it has a 26" heavy barrel on it. Maybe re-cut the chamber a little tighter and straighter, true the action, jewell the bolt, bed the action, float the barrel, and put a nicer trigger in it, and I bet she'll drive tacks... I bet for about $250 worth of work and parts she'll be one formidable foe for the Sendero. And you know I am one of the biggest Sendero fans out there...

I'd like to get my hands on one to see how it feels in that B&C Medalist M40 Tac stock. I might mosey up to Gander Mountain and see if they have one to handle. If so, I bet I can build one with an SWFA SS 20x42 LR scope for about what my income tax refund will be. Hmmmmmm........

Yes, if you see smoke, it's because I'm thinking. :D

You already got that tax money spent buddy... You'll have to save next years too if you want that sendero. Was told by remington only 250 were produced and they were in fact out of the custom shop:D:D

They look very nice! I plan to buy one this summer when I go back to work. Going to buy one in .30-06 then rechamber it to .308 Norma Mag to have a backup to the current Norma I'm building with my Uncle now. Going to Devcon bed it and then torque down those action screws. After that, she outta shoot great!

You already got that tax money spent buddy... You'll have to save next years too if you want that sendero. Was told by remington only 250 were produced and they were in fact out of the custom shop:D:D

It ain't gonna be as much as your hoping it will be...But hopefully it will be enough. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.