Brake for small contours

Alex Wheeler

I really don't like 1/2 inch or 9/16 threads on the end of a muzzle. I don't like turning that much steel off the barrel especially at the muzzle end. Some barrels can expand when you do this. I asked Andy Hawkins at Hawkins Precision if he would make a muzzle brake that you could shoulder against the crown. This way so long as your Barrel measures about .620 at the muzzle end you can run a 5/8 thread because you don't have to shoulder the back of the brake. You can see the internal shoulder in front of the threads on this break and it has pretty healthy ports in it for its size. I've been using a lot of his breaks lately because they don't hurt your ears when you shoot them without earplugs like some brakes.
20190201_093201.jpg

I like this, a lot. I hate the look of gigantic side port brakes on a sporter contour, do you have any pics of them installed?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.