Slow burning spherical powder ?

Out of the spherical style powders, anyone that has used LRT, does it have the shape of discs ?
What I believe you are seeing when you pulled the PRC apart is a disc blend. I pulled 60 , 7 PRC apart and found the same thing you are probably seeing. Nobody will have that powder. And I seen 3 different discs sizes in that powder.
I can't remember ever seeing powder like that. And I have been involved in some type of reloading since I was a kid watching my granddad and dad.
Shotgun, muzzle loader, pistols and rifles.
I don't believe we will ever be able to get what manufacturers use. IMO.🤓

Correction SORRY. It's a double base, spherical powder. It has been rolled to a somewhat flattened configuration.
Please disregard the other comments.
From the Lyman book. 😥

Pic.

Attachments

• 20230421_150740.jpg
    20230421_150740.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Vihtavouri 20N29 and 24N41 but its extruded. The old H-870 was a good one.
LRT Is made in Belgium like the others in the Ramshot line by PB Clermont so it isn't Win 780. I have read somewhere that 780 and Accurate Magpro are virtually the same by cant confirm it

Last edited:
I remember when 780 first came out as a canister powder, it was called Win 785 and was very good in all belted magnums except 375 and larger.
@QuietTexan
I bought Nosler 338-06 factory with 210g Partitions quite a while back, got them cheap, and when I fired them over the chrony, I got less than 2500fps…my hand loads run at 2750fps with that bullet, so was not too impressed with their speed, but they did shoot under MoA.

Cheers.
Somewhere in the mix, they had WMR, I'm not sure if it was a new powder or the same stuff under another name.

If that bottle is really 25 years old, you give me hope for eventually finding a use for some of the stuff I've have and haven't touched in a decade...
Actually the bottle is that old but I have poured several newer one pound bottles in it for ease of storage. But for the record, I have used powder that old and older with fine results.