Sizing Lubricant Cost?

I used Crisco one time, but because it's shortening, all of my case lengths were off.

Attachments

• ADBE63E4-EE55-4F0C-9A09-6BEA85B34123.jpeg
    ADBE63E4-EE55-4F0C-9A09-6BEA85B34123.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
We use to spray it on rubber worms when fishing for bass up in Canada back in the day. That's illegal in many place's now. Besides that, it made the fish taste fishy as my wife would say
Illegal in Ca. also. Never know when the fish cops will show up in the middle of the ocean but you can see them coming from a long way. Snip. I never tried it. Honest.

Yea. Decades ago and once I used up the original tube of RCBS sizing lube, I played with STP and never went back to commercial.
I have used lanolin with alcohol for resizing, and straight lanolin and STP for jacketed bullet swaging. Both have worked great, but the STP is a little harder to remove and needs only a very lite film on the jacket to avoid dipples in the ogive.

For high volume P-dog loadings on the Dillions, I do use the occasional sprays, but even here, the lanolin/alcohol works.

Illegal in Ca. also. Never know when the fish cops will show up in the middle of the ocean but you can see them coming from a long way. Snip. I never tried it. Honest.
WD has so many uses ... has anybody sprayed it on a fish cop to see if it would make a difference?
STP gets used for so many things ... But what about Hoppes #9?
For bait oil, dredge your bait through "sardines in water" (or oil) juice.
I won't guarantee the fish, but you'll have every cat in the country telling you you're a fine fellow!

Use it to spray spoons for trolling for salmon. Not sure if it works because of the WD odor or is it because it eradicates human odor?
The guides in Alaska say that the formula for WD40 was changed several years ago and is no longer fish oil based and don't use it on lures any longer. I used to use it for Walleyes and it always worked great. Does anyone know if they really did change the formula?

For bait oil, dredge your bait through "sardines in water" (or oil) juice.
I won't guarantee the fish, but you'll have every cat in the country telling you you're a fine fellow!
After treating those lures, finish using those sardines for raccoon bait with a Victor nearby.

Or, you can just have lunch.

Have used WD-40 for fishing by the gallons over the years. Great to spray on your braided lines and lures, clean up of reels, rods etc. It's like the American Express Card- DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT !!!!!! Use it in the shop all the time . Use it on my firearms since way back when times. But never for sizing brass may have too try that now. My go to is Redding Imperial wax for all my case forming issues. & their dry graphite neck lube works foe me for years. Bot 5 gallons about 28-30 + years back and still have some., they had a big sale at the time still have 2 cans full.

I know guys that spray WD-40 on fish lures when ocean fishing. They say fish like the smell . Maybe ? One of my dogs always tries to like it of of guns.
I've been using Hornady one shot. Not cheap but still on first can. Won't contaminate powder either (Gunwerks guys say so) 🤔 Stack case mouths up and spray inside case necks. Easy seating.
Yeah that was the original WD-40 back when they first introduced it it's not made of fish oil anymore. We would throw that stuff and bananas in a buddies boat when they were struggling anf their clients were given everyone else the help us stare. they always hucked the WD-40 first and the farthest back at you before the bananas every time

The guides in Alaska say that the formula for WD40 was changed several years ago and is no longer fish oil based and don't use it on lures any longer. I used to use it for Walleyes and it always worked great. Does anyone know if they really did change the formula?
No change, still fish oil...why screw with perfection! Only change made is its available in a pump bottle too! But truthfully....no more fish oil!

Last edited:
Butterbean got me going on STP a while back. Lightly smeared on with fingers and the sizing resistance is nothing. I wish I had switched a long time ago.

BB has been noticeably absent in recent days. I hope all is okay. I miss his input.
I think @ButterBean has been busy developing a load for his new Beanmoor rifle