She is here and she is one BAD ***!!!

Seems I remember it was rated for the 50 cals but I just took a look on their site and most of their Super Sniper Scopes are rated for the 50 but not the 5x20. They must have removed that designation for some reason.

Very cool rifle as are Kirby's. Keep us in the loop when you start shooting it.

Ya for some reason they do not rate this one as 50 cal compatible. Not sure why, its the highest priced scope in the lineup.

These big 338, 375, 408 and 416 rifles may not have the shear recoil energy as the 50 cal class weapon systems but because of their lighter weight, hey are not that far off, especially with the better muzzle brakes we are using today. In my experience, its the negative G forces that are most likely to rip a scope apart unless its built to specifically handle negative G forces. If this scope will do it, it would be another good option for a mid priced scope from what I am hearing about it.

I really like the reticle design and the FFP and it has good vertical adjustment for the price range.

With the cajones this rig has, there's no way it can be a "her" :cool:

The barrel length made me think of the German Railway guns therefore, I nominate "Gustav" as it's new name.:D

Nice rig brother,

t

I like 'Buster' too but add 'Wallet in front for 'Wallet Buster'.
"Wallet Buster..... every squeeze of the trigger equals a 6 pack.......:D

Ya for some reason they do not rate this one as 50 cal compatible. Not sure why, its the highest priced scope in the lineup.

These big 338, 375, 408 and 416 rifles may not have the shear recoil energy as the 50 cal class weapon systems but because of their lighter weight, hey are not that far off, especially with the better muzzle brakes we are using today. In my experience, its the negative G forces that are most likely to rip a scope apart unless its built to specifically handle negative G forces. If this scope will do it, it would be another good option for a mid priced scope from what I am hearing about it.

I really like the reticle design and the FFP and it has good vertical adjustment for the price range.

I was curious so I contacted SWFA. They claim the 5 x 20 is definitely rated for the 50.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.