Sendero 300 Rum load advice

toklat04

I have just started shooting my new 300 RUM sendero. I would like to get my grouping under a 1 1/2 @ 200 yards. I have been trying different loads using Rutumbo with 200 GRN AB's. groups are poor so far. THe best i have come up with so far is 2 1/2 group with 180 ab's over 90 grn of RE-22.
does anyone have any load that work well in this particular rifle and cal.
Thanks
Toklat

hi,

i used 92.5 retumbo, with 200ab. col-3.681.
wou have to pay with bullet seating depth.
did you do bedding, and free floating barrell?
how about triger job to 2lb?
if you do this you will see drastic improvment on factory senderos.

100 grains of Retumbo pushing 180 grain Barnes TSX. Sub MOA groups out to 400 yards, and sub inch groups at 200 yards. The load is lightly compressed, which Retumbo seems to like, I've got 3 other rifles that really like Retumbo when it's a compressed load.

Now I do everything to the brass that I can do, I neck resize, turn the necks, deburr the flash holes, unform the primer pockets and trim to length. I use bushing dies and try to keep the neck tension down to .002, I usually go for less than that, but this thing kicks like a mule and I don't want to mess up the rounds in the mag.

90.5g retumbo 210 bergers I believe .005" in the lands shot really well for me (one hole) at 100 yards and I am new to this.

I do have a 1.5# trigger and it is bedded. This was prone off the bipod

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.