300 RUM Sendero loads

huffy

Hi Guys

Great forum and plenty of info.

I need some help. I own a .300 RUM Sendero. It is had no work done to it. I have a NF 5.5-22x50 scope on it.

I have been re loading and i am finding that although my groups at 100m may be fine they are al over the place at 200.
nosler
I am currently using 200 grn Nosler accubonds and loading 90grn of AR2217 which i believe is equal to your H1000.
i have tried loads from 85grn to 91 and 88 and 90 have been the best out to 100m

The questions i have.
For anyone that owns a 300 RUM standard sendero, What loads are you doing?
And is there also something that i should do to my rifle to get its accurace up.

Thanks guys

Huffy

I have the Gen I sendero in 300 RUM. The only thing I have done with it is I bedded it and put on a Holland QD muzzle brake (recoil was getting up there with the 208 Amaxs). I initially found a good load with 94 grains Retumbo and the 208 amaxs, but after the bed job and the muzzle brake install, I think the harmonics changed, and the Amax never shot as well. I never found an acceptable load with the 200 gr Accubonds. They never seemed to shoot better than MOA. I am currently testing the 225 grain Hornady match bullets. I have a load I may stick with; 87 grains Retumbo, federal 215 primer, COL 3.650"( Max so I can still fit them in the magazine) approx MV 2820. It is consistently giving me .5 MOA out to 300 meters. Once I can get to the 1000 meter range, I'll verify it for long range. I know some are pushing it faster, but groups opened up and pressure signs were showing with more than 87 grains. I want this as a hunting load and need to find out how this bullet's terminal performance is on larger game i.e. Elk. Good luck.

I use the 190 grain berger bullets. Great accuracy under .5 groups to 100 yards. It was glass bedded and the trigger was set lower. Reloader 25 powder 90.5 grains, federal 215 primers, nosler brass.

83.0 grains h4831sc... 200 grain accubond.. 3075 muzzle velocity.. and less than .5 at 200... 4 shot group one big hole.. and the accubond does some nasty damage out past 800 yrds

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.