300 rum loads

Rum and not the liquid

so what kinda loads are ppl using ive got a couple of more rounds in basic form and considering changing if some has better luck im runnin a sendero with a muzzle brake and apart frm that its standard

thanks

lucas

Are you a reloader??
I have been doing a ton of load development for my sendero 300RUM. So far I really like the 210gr bergers with retumbo powder and federal 215 primers.
I have played around with 180gr scirrocco's, 175gr bergers, 185gr bergers, 190gr bergers, 210gr bergers, 208gr A-Max. Powders as follows, retumbo, ramshot magnum, RE22, RE25, US869, Magpro, H1000. You also need to think about experimenting with your bullet seating depths. I was thinking about also trying some 240gr SMK's. Am getting ready to do some modifications to my gun, going to install a wyatt extended box magazine, either jewell or timney trigger and last a nightforce rail and rings. Am heading out in the morning for some more shooting, the Idaho weather has been very unpredictable. Shoot me a PM with more questions.
Chuck

yeh i reload im runnin 180 interbond in remmington brass backed up with 100.5grns of 2225 and winchester primersi get sub moas but think i can do better. my seating depth is bang on the mag length

I acquired some 175 grain Berger VLD hunting bullets (freebees). I thought I would play with them in my 300 RUM. Does anyone have a good load for this particular bullet that I can use as a starting point? I want to use Retumbo powder. I would start at a lower powder charge and work my way up.
Thanks

Just finished developing a 200gr Accubond load and ended up with 88.5 grains of Reloader 25 and Winchester LRM primers. 3110 fps and exceptional accuracy. Sub MOA at 500 yards, two four shot groups.
Sako action, Christensen/Shillen barrel, muzzel brake

rl-25 94.0grs fed 215 primer 168 gr barnes tsx at 3368fps, 88.0 grs with the 180 gr tsx same powder at 3148+ fps, havent tried any other powder. RL-25 produces quarter sized holes in my stock xcr remy 700:)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.