300 RUM Advice.....

You will get more speed out of the 215 Berger than than the 210 as the 215 has a shorter bearing surface and a much better BC, .631 for the 210 vs .691 for the 215.
You didn't say what magazine length you will be running but the 215 hybrid is also better at various seating depths.

I have 10 twist that shoots the 230 grain OTM at mag length ~3.6" @ 2,980fps with Retumbo
Just got my 8 twist barrel to shoot the 227 mono Hammer 227 but haven't started on that yet, will be using N570 for that

Love the idea of R 26 + 181 Hammer but long time simple shoot and slam Elk load is a Regular 200 grain Accubond with Retumbo. One of the best recipes in Nosler reload book and lists several other powders.

Well here is my go to in a Lrh parts build 300 Rum .
Remington action , found a 25" take off long range barrel with brake . Timney trigger , Christensen take off stock .
Put a load together with 230 bergers and Nv570 @ 3036 ft.per.sec. Super accurate and smacked a Milk jug at 1 mile with it !
It's a touch heavy but a peach to shoot !

Rum Man

My rifle likes the 200gr ELD-X, therefore I like the 200gr ELD-X! Every rifle likes a different load so keep experimenting until you find what your rifle likes. I'm getting .5" at 100 and around an inch at 200 & 300 yards...this is more than sufficient for me with a hunting rifle, making the 1st shot and getting knowing that it is going to make its mark is priceless.

Anyone shooting 300 RUM is 99.99% using it to hunt long range...all the bullet's mention in this thread are capable of killing big game at long ranges.
What powder do you use and how much if you don't mind sharing? Just getting started with the RUM.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.