Scopes

Phil Zieziula

Hey, I just won a Christensen Arms .338 Lapua and was wondering what kind of scope and rings I should put on it. I don't shoot 1000 yd. competition but I would like to be able to do so if the opportunity arose.

I take a different approach. Do you have a nice scope on any other rifles right now? Or how many rifles have scopes on them?

I sold all my glass and bought several really really nice pieces. I move my scopes around a lot, I now have some top of the line glass and love how easy it is to remount. I can explain in more detail on how I do this and my process.

I recommend you save some money, sell some old glass and get some top of the line glass.

I prefer ZCO, NF and Kahles in that order.

Hey, I just won a Christensen Arms .338 Lapua and was wondering what kind of scope and rings I should put on it. I don't shoot 1000 yd. competition but I would like to be able to do so if the opportunity arose.
Since you won it you won't be out anything if you give it away, I will send pre-paid postage to make sure it costs you nothing and send it to me....it's a piece of junk! And I will figure out the scope problem too!

C
Congratulations! Whatever you go with, that fine weapon deserves the best that you can afford.

Hey Phil,

Check this out from one of our forum members:

DMR II

I have two of these and for the money they're HARD to beat!!! One is on a Christensen arms ELR in 6.5 PRC, the other sits atop my Weatherby MKV 30-378...

Glass is where its at if you ever plan to shoot 1000 yards. Spend as much and you can afford and then spend a little more. You cant go wrong with NF, Kahles, March. Go to a local sporting goods store and look through them before you purchase one. Different things hit people eyes differently so you have to buy one that looks right to your eyes. congrats on the rifle and good luck with the scope.