Scope Question for Pete Lincoln

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by dakor, Nov 16, 2005.

1. dakor

dakor Well-Known Member

I know you like S&B and say they are the best scope. I would like your opinion on the Zeiss 6.5-20X50 Conquest. What are your thoughts?

2. Pete Lincoln

Pete Lincoln Well-Known Member

Dakor, hi. I'd compare the 6.5-20x50 conquest to the NXS.
    The conquest line of scopes are the cheap and chearfull Zeis / Hensolds. They are not on par with the S&B PMII's but i'd chose the Conquest over a similar Leupold any day. They have good lenses, from what i can tell have proved to be reliable.
    I've often though about the conquests to equip my estate rifles, rifle that i rent to visiting hunters, but the Hungarian S&B's are also perfect for that.
    If i was in the market for a scope with high magnification, couldn't afford a PMII, then i would probably go with the Conquest.
    Regards Pete

3. dakor

dakor Well-Known Member

Thanks Pete that is the scope I was thinking of getting. I have leupy now but the Ziess just seems a lot more clear and yes I am having tracking problems with the Leupy not happy about it either. Infact I have had a few out of the 20 I have owned that didn't track right. Kinda pisses you off when you spend $800 bucks and the cheap simmons you have tracks fine just lacks in the glass department.

4. Pete Lincoln

Pete Lincoln Well-Known Member

You'll probably find a decent price on the conquest in the USA as they are made there, i can't buy them here trade for what ive seen retail there,
    good luck with em, let us know what you think of them. Pete