Pete Lincoln

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps a statement of the B----y Obvious, but the stock has to be ordered in the first place; BEFORE McLate can even start their work!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

??? What??? My McLate has been ordered for months!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You think it has. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps a statement of the B----y Obvious, but the stock has to be ordered in the first place; BEFORE McLate can even start their work!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think it has. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know something I dont???

All I can say in a public forum is that McMillan have no record of an order for a stock ordered through Roedale by me and unfortunately paid for in August this year. So, the delay would not appear to emanate from the McMillan Family. I am NOT a 'Happy Hunter' to say the very least, and have therefore decided to cut my losses and go elsewhere. Caveat Emptor!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ring Mclate like the others buddy, they are very helpful.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ring Mclate like the others buddy, they are very helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me think's you post under a different name on MS???

p.s. so do I!!!

hi
i have had a chat with Pete of roedale and he says when he gets up from working nights he will sort out all this confusion.
Colin

Darkside....... yep yu be correct ..... This is Tikka260 on MS and PFS...... and Col, there isnt too much confusion about an order dating from 3 1/2 months ago that hasnt even been placed with the supplier.

So, no surprise that that it is convenient to defer responsibility for delivery to McMillan.

There are other matters concerning response from Roedale, however that is not for this forum.

I merely repeat......"Caveat Emptor"

Peter H

[ QUOTE ]
there isnt too much confusion about an order dating from 3 1/2 months ago that hasnt even been placed with the supplier.

So, no surprise that that it is convenient to defer responsibility for delivery to McMillan.

There are other matters concerning response from Roedale, however that is not for this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Blimey.

Either Peter, please let us know how this resolves...

[ QUOTE ]
Darkside....... yep yu be correct ..... This is Tikka260 on MS and PFS...... and Col, there isnt too much confusion about an order dating from 3 1/2 months ago that hasnt even been placed with the supplier.

Peter H

[/ QUOTE ]

hi Peter H

i don't know anything about what is going on between you and Pete or anyone else for that matter. but i was talking to him and mentioned that there was some stuff on this forum that he needed to address.
i was not passing comment ether way,or sticking my nose in.i was just trying to help.and commented on the post. i spoke to him on a totally unrelated matter.
i will not try to help again
SORRY
thanks
Colin

Colin

Absolutely no need to apologise, this situation is just unfortunate, and has only further delayed my current project, ho hum..... thats Life!

Appreciate your concern, and simply felt that others might be perhaps more cautious than I .....

ATB

Peter

Colin, thankyou for drawing my attention to this.

Peter. I do not appreciate you airing your apparent problems on a public forum, just for your information i don't always order stocks with mcmillan directly. I orders stocks with at least 2 other gunsmiths together often, sometimes the orders run under my name, some times under them, I also get the occasional stock through a McMillan importer here in Germany.It depends on who needs what and when and its all about saving postage and getting the most out of the deal.
I place my orders for stocks to coincide with a delivery date that will fit in my schedule for a rifle build. I have to do this because if i don't i end up with stocks bieng late, or with stocks sitting on shelf, which are paid for and eat up cash flow. When you are building rifles for the price i build them for it is critical to get the timings right as much as possible with procurement of items. I do my best but i am only human. And you shouldn't forget that i do not run my rifle business full time, it is a second job, still i manage to deliver rifles in around 8 - 9 months, which is a hell of a lot quicker than the majority of the other riflesmiths in Europe who are full time. I do not garantie delivery dates or times of build, it is impossible, I will garantie to finnish a rifle within 3 months of getting all the parts nessecary and i will garantie an excellent and accurate end product.
Mclate got the name because they over run on date with several stocks, not just on orders for me (ask Colin) and they used to deliver a stock in 6 weeks, its now around 6 months. Screw ups happen in all industries, and i have had orders sit in email spam box at Mcmillan before. Now it is up to you wether you wish to continue your rifle upgrade with me or not, but i can assure you barrel and stock are on order. So let me know if i should cancell them.
Back to me. Pete Lincoln. yes i'm hard to get a hold of at times, thats because we are working double shifts back to back at the agency, we've had a ton of spacecraft problems lately and its just bieng impossible to spend the time at the PC that i used to. When i'm at home i'm working my bollocks of ( so much so that it may have cost me my marriage)building rifles and gunsmithing. There are only 24 hours in a day and even i need a break at times. I'm at the point where i'm thinking i need to devote my whole time to the rifle business and i'm taking steps to move in that direction.
Now i hope that the guys that know me know me as an honest bloke and if i say i'll build a rifle or deliver a scope or whatever then you can take that to the bank. Yes sometimes i'm late, sometimes i'm busy, but at the rates i'm charging i think i still offer a bloody good deal.
Regards to all . Pete

Pete

Simply put, read the two emails; one 12 days ago, and one 2 days ago, and action accordingly. It appears that you have made time to come in here, now find time to read direct messages.

If you have anything else to say, please email me as I do not wish conduct the details of this issue in a public forum either.

No ill feelings here, just bitterly dissapointed.

Regards

Peter

Good things are being sorted out. My friend is still eagerly awaiting his prepaid PMII that was available for immediate delivery. I got mine as promised, so no loss in faith, but my friend is a bit nervous.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.