Scope mounting with incline/decline

fr3db3ar

I'm coming to the experts on this one and I'll try to ask the right questions.

Background. I want to be able to shoot my 22lr as far as I possibly can. I bought Burris Sig Rings and 2 sets of .020 inserts for an extra .040 of elevation.

I'd be happy as anything if the shortest zero I could get was 50 or 100.

Assuming the rifle shot in a flat line would I want my mounts to point the scope up or down in relation to that flat line to get the most dial from my scope?

I hope that made sense. All help is appreciated.

My thinking was for the scope to point up in relation to that flat line and that is how I have it mounted now...but have not sighted in yet.

Of course my thinking has been known to be skewed :D

gun)

You want to point front of the scope down. That will point the muzzle of the gun up.

Your ability to zero will depend on the amount of internal adjustmen of your scope. Using both 20's you may not even be able to zero at 100.:D

Thanks...that confirms what I was doing with my hands :D and what someone else told me as well. I was thinking screwy earlier. If i can't get down to 100 I can always put the stock inserts in the front.

but before this with some other rings on...similar height....I was up around 45 inutes to zero @ 100

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.