Scope Mount Setup/Critique

Mike Thorn

5F8D0EB1-6A66-4832-8340-5F1C6984F5E2.jpeg
Please take a look at this setup, and please be gentle. :(

The Badger rings were mounted direct to the main rail at first, on the last trip out with this rifle I noticed that the shots were stringing high.... turns out the scope was making contact with the hand guard. Doh!

I had the scope perfectly mounted in the rings so I was reluctant about swapping to the next height up rings, plus that would mean buying another **** set of rings. I added the riser as pictured to get the bell off the rail.

Question, Will this work or does the setup look unstable to you guys? I haven't been able to fire the rifle since I added the riser, I'm slightly concerned that the recoil from the 338 Lapua it's mounted to will cause issues. If anyone has done this type setup before, please let me know.

Thanks

Go shoot it for groups and you'll have a definitive answer. Probably would have been easier to not use the riser and go with higher rings in my opinion but that's just me. As far as the larue...there will either be wiggle or their won't...

this is 100% wonky. I sure as hell wouldn't trust a Larue with a big heavy optic like that. well.... I actually wouldn't trust a Larue mount with anything truth be told.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.