Scope Height Help, Browning X-Bolt.

If you are within 1/8" on your measurement, it won't change POI out to 1000 yards. I know you can get closer than that with a rule or a tape measure.:rolleyes:

I need to know my scope height for a Leupold CDS dial. I have Talley low 30mm rings which are supposed to be (.400", please confirm) and a newer x-bolt in 6.5 PRC. I read somewhere the a-bolts were .500" but I have no idea about the X-bolt.

Does anyone know my total scope height? I don't have any measuring tools, unfortunately.

****EDIT Update****

I called Talley and Browning. Talley only knew for their rings (totally understandable) but Browning was able to tell me everything because the products I used are so common. X-Bolt 6.5 prc, Leupo VX-5hd + 30mm Talley low rings = 1.63" center to center.

Does that 1.63" sound right? I asked if it's worth having a smith double check and he said no since all of the tolerances are so close.
Spunds right

Easy way is to measure where the top and bottom half of the rings meet, from that point measure to the hole that is just forward of the ejection port. The hole is very close to the center of the bore, the point between the top and bottom half of the rings is approximately the center of the scope tube. I hope that helps.

As stated, the distance you are trying to ascertain isn't too critical to get exact. So many other factors influence the trajectory of your projectile.

The best answer is that you shoot the ammo you want to run at the longest distance you can find and measure actual drop, which you then enter into a ballistics app. The system then trues the drop for the distances in between based on actual info from your load-rifle-mounts-scope.

I just measured my XBolt with a 30mm scope and low Talleys. It is 1.6615 in. Your original advice was almost spot-on.