Scope Height Help, Browning X-Bolt.

180ls1

I need to know my scope height for a Leupold CDS dial. I have Talley low 30mm rings which are supposed to be (.400", please confirm) and a newer x-bolt in 6.5 PRC. I read somewhere the a-bolts were .500" but I have no idea about the X-bolt.

Does anyone know my total scope height? I don't have any measuring tools, unfortunately.

****EDIT Update****

I called Talley and Browning. Talley only knew for their rings (totally understandable) but Browning was able to tell me everything because the products I used are so common. X-Bolt 6.5 prc, Leupo VX-5hd + 30mm Talley low rings = 1.63" center to center.

Does that 1.63" sound right? I asked if it's worth having a smith double check and he said no since all of the tolerances are so close.

Last edited:
A little more context may help.

Is this scope mounted already (sounds like it based on what you state). Are you trying to get height measurement for calculating drops? Buying rings?

Take your drivers license. It is approx 2"x3.25".

May vary by state.

So I called Talley and Browning. Talley only knew for their rings (totally understandable) but Browning was able to tell me everything because the products I used are so common. X-Bolt 6.5 prc, Leupo VX-5hd + 30mm Talley low rings = 1.63" center to center.

Does that 1.63" sound right? I asked if it's worth having a smith double check and he said no since all of the tolerances are so close.

What are you trying to accomplish here?

Scope is not mounted and you need to purchase correct rings?

Scope is already mounted and you want to make correction in ballistic app?

I had a Zeiss 30mm 44 obj. Talley told me I needed lows. Purchased and the obj would not clear. They were FOS, I needed mediums. Not sure obj on the Leupy FWIW.

It might be right-- I have 1.55" showing in my strelok app for my xbolt stalker lr with low talley's -- iirc I have a 1" tube scope mounted on it.
Sounds like that 1.63" is right on the money then, or at least close enough to hunt with. Thanks for checking on that for me! I'll be using it for an elk hunt this year just west of you.

What are you trying to accomplish here?

Scope is not mounted and you need to purchase correct rings?

Scope is already mounted and you want to make correction in ballistic app?

I had a Zeiss 30mm 44 obj. Talley told me I needed lows. Purchased and the obj would not clear. They were FOS, I needed mediums. Not sure obj on the Leupy FWIW.
Ballistic calculation.

Mine clears with not too much to spare but certainly enough to not cause any issues. It's a 3-15x44