Scope Damage Input Needed

I was told a story about Vortex replacing a scope after the owner drilled holes in the bell too "let more light in". I'm sure that scope is still a conversation piece around there.

Well after I started drilling it was obvious the 1/8" bit wasn't going to let in enough light... I'm just upset I didn't have a bigger bit.

Vortex is winning customers left and right with their outstanding over the top service. No doubt when shopping for new optics they will be one of the first places I look, and the first place I will recommend.

UPDATE, Well I am impressed, got an email from Vortex stating they would replace the scope and cover everything but shipping it to them. I have not had a vortex scope before but with service like this I will be concidering them in the future. Thanks again for the advice and responses.
Tell them you would like to have the damaged tube back.......so you can beat the idiot that screwed it up over the head with it!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.