Problems with scope mounting input needed!

If your elevation can be adjusted and used
okay i would use standard leupold bases and rings. These bases are adjustable for windage.

If your elevation can be adjusted and used
okay i would use standard leupold bases and rings. These bases are adjustable for windage.
You are correct Leopold used too be my main go too bases and rings . I have a rifle that has a misaligned hole on the rear base that will not allow a picatanny type base . The Leopold allows for the windage adj then the final adj on the scope . That being said if I were the op I would want too know where the problem is , is it a screw hole out of alinement or is it the scope. Another words if I had a defective scope just because I can use the windage adj on the bases that would not correct the problem with the scope.

I've had the same problem twice in over 44 years, and I've gone through a lot more guns and scopes than the average guy.....those here maybe excluded!! I had a sporterized 1903 Springfield that had the holes misaligned. Solved by mounting one ring with the tightening bolt on one side, and the other on the other side. The torque of tightening them solved the issue that time. The other time I had a new in 1979 Remington 552BDL that would not print on paper at 25 yards! Gun had to be replaced as the barrel was screwed into the receiver crooked. Should not have left the factory! Good luck solving your issue.

DarryH thanks! Solved by mounting one ring with the tightening bolt on one side, and the other on the other side. Never ran into to this before and my eyes are not what they once was but the end result worked!

DarryH thanks! Solved by mounting one ring with the tightening bolt on one side, and the other on the other side. Never ran into to this before and my eyes are not what they once was but the end result worked!
If tightened on one side and then the other corrected the problem , it seems like you would be bending or flexing the tube .That doesn't sound like a good idea too me , I would be careful and make sure that isn't the case. If something is that misaligned you would be better of correcting the initial problem or change too a mount with windage adjustment screws.