Savage Long Range Hunter

Greyfox......can you get three in the magazine and does your magazine box rattle around inside the stock? Just wondering. thanks,

No problems with 3 rounds in the mag. No rattles. Have you checked the seating of the box and spring? Also check stock and barrel contact. I had to open mine up in spots.

I noticed my barrel was tight, not floating but thought I would shoot it first to see where I might be at. I couldn't get a piece of paper between barrel and stock. Salesman said because they are pillar bedded that it should be touching in the front of the stock....not sure I agree. I'll pull the gun apart and try and see what the story is on the magazine box too but I struggled last night and could only get 2 rounds in the magazine assuming I should be able to put three in the magazine and one in the chamber. Hope I'm not trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and embarrass myself here.
Going to go with a Huskemaw 5-20 x50, Ken Ferrel one piece 20 MOA base and Burris Extreme Rings. Thank you for the load suggestions...sounds pretty close to the load I've settled on for the Model 12 LRPV right bolt, left port single I have. I may be calling upon you again.

I noticed my barrel was tight, not floating but thought I would shoot it first to see where I might be at. I couldn't get a piece of paper between barrel and stock. Salesman said because they are pillar bedded that it should be touching in the front of the stock....not sure I agree. I'll pull the gun apart and try and see what the story is on the magazine box too but I struggled last night and could only get 2 rounds in the magazine assuming I should be able to put three in the magazine and one in the chamber. Hope I'm not trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and embarrass myself here.
Going to go with a Huskemaw 5-20 x50, Ken Ferrel one piece 20 MOA base and Burris Extreme Rings. Thank you for the load suggestions...sounds pretty close to the load I've settled on for the Model 12 LRPV right bolt, left port single I have. I may be calling upon you again.

I would ddinitely float it. It does touch at the tip and the impact changes when the barrel is heated. I only load three and it feeds well. I have a Huskemaw on mine, as well as a Cooper and really like the scope!!!!! Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.