Sako VS Browning

Of001

I have an option to get a minty A Bolt, early 90s stainless stalker, plastic stock, in 375H&H for 1500CAD
I have zero experience with browning rifles. comes with rings and a throw away scope, iron sights

but I already have a Sako AV in the same, but its in rough condition, needs a total overhaul, only the stock is in passable condition, needs but pad, a TON of cleaning, some rust all over the place and blueing is mostly gone. I got it for about 900, pictures were apparently very old. Ill probably have to put 400 into it, plus time to make it usable. AND it needs a rear sight.

any opinions? Is it worth putting in the effort into the Sako?

I have a couple older Sako (L579r carbine and L61r) that shoot under MOA if I do my part, and a couple of Tikkas so I'm comfortable with Sako but have never held a browning

I have an option to get a minty A Bolt, early 90s stainless stalker, plastic stock, in 375H&H for 1500CAD
I have zero experience with browning rifles. comes with rings and a throw away scope, iron sights

but I already have a Sako AV in the same, but its in rough condition, needs a total overhaul, only the stock is in passable condition, needs but pad, a TON of cleaning, some rust all over the place and blueing is mostly gone. I got it for about 900, pictures were apparently very old. Ill probably have to put 400 into it, plus time to make it usable. AND it needs a rear sight.

any opinions? Is it worth putting in the effort into the Sako?

I have a couple older Sako (L579r carbine and L61r) that shoot under MOA if I do my part, and a couple of Tikkas so I'm comfortable with Sako but have never held a browning
Fix the Sako. The A-Bolt is no competition at all.

Gday another vote for fix the sako especially 375 but I'm biased as own 2 @ present & multiple over the years so very cool kid here for many a year 🤣
H&h , & a rum here

Don't listen to memtb orfollow his advice as it's flawed as covers to many bases 🤪

Cheers

Recent Posts