Sako A7 vs Win M70 extreme

I have two tikkas and they are awesome rifles. They will eat any ammo you feed them and puch quarters no problem. Smooth actions, great triggers, sako barrels, competitive price.

But don't you miss the frustration at the range, endless load development, wondering if "it's your scope", trips to the gunsmith and eventually, the expense of custom parts and labor? Normally I'd be thinking, "I wonder if that guy would sell me his Tikka" but I know I can get one that shoots just as good almost anywhere. Of course you can get a good rifle from any of the other major manufacturers too. I'm just not sure if your chances are 1-in-100 or 1-in-1000.

But don't you miss the frustration at the range, endless load development, wondering if "it's your scope", trips to the gunsmith and eventually, the expense of custom parts and labor? Normally I'd be thinking, "I wonder if that guy would sell me his Tikka" but I know I can get one that shoots just as good almost anywhere. Of course you can get a good rifle from any of the other major manufacturers too. I'm just not sure if your chances are 1-in-100 or 1-in-1000.
I dont think your 1-100 statistic is close. Rifles today are built good. My M70 is accurate and smooth. I think your chances of getting a great rifle from any of the major guys like remington, savage, winchester, tikka, etc would be more like 1 in 1.5. Youll have a harder time finding one that is not accurate (not $5000 benchrest rifle accuracy but moa or less)

I dont think your 1-100 statistic is close. Rifles today are built good. My M70 is accurate and smooth. I think your chances of getting a great rifle from any of the major guys like remington, savage, winchester, tikka, etc would be more like 1 in 1.5. Youll have a harder time finding one that is not accurate (not $5000 benchrest rifle accuracy but moa or less)

Your right, it's just an expression. Most of them can make a good rifle but I think the level of consistency could be much much better. I'm not sure about this ratio but even at 1 in 1.5 or 66%, that's a fail by almost anybody's standards. Just a personal vibe but I think Sako/Tikka are able to maintain much higher standards or tolerances if you will. You just don't hear much dissatisfaction with them. When you do, it usually has something to do with the inexpensive materials (Tikka) they're built from, however not much bad about performance. I'm not necessarily a Sako/Tikka honk but I can certainly appreciate how their core philosophy and end product compares with many other makers. I've given them my hard earned money and am satisfied. One of these days I'll get a Sako. They're still a lot cheaper than fixing a dud.

So the crf bolt is stiffer to operate than the pushfeed m70?
Because the push feed m70 is super smooth a baby could cycle it.
im buying a push feed m70 300 wsm soon.

The a7 is smooth. Also very narrow. I mean its a skinny gun whats it weigh?
I thought it was weird when the a7 first came out it was on berettas site but not sakos.

Roughest operating bolt ive used is the 700 sps.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.